Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Project 366, week 31

I can't believe August is here already. I always find August a little bittersweet-- it means the summer is half over...

Oh well, better make the most of it! ;)

Here are my photos of the day for the past week:

Tuesday, July 29th: Jonah has this blanket that he loves. It's a wool blanket covered with different colours of plaid flannel. It's his favourite to sleep with and he loves to drag it around the house-- to watch t.v., eat breakfast, etc.

Well, it was falling apart. Literally. I'd find fluffy pieces of wool all over the house and it was getting torn down the middle.

I looked into getting it repaired. But the cost was $50 plus the cost of the material. Umm.... I could think of a bunch of other things I'd rather spend $50+ on, so I decided to sew up his blanket into a duvet cover that I'd bought at IKEA years ago. So, that's what I did on Tuesday. And here's Jonah posing with his new & improved blanket.

Wednesday, July 30th: We set up a "poor man's slip and slide"-- our Little Tykes slide, a tarp, some Sunlight dish detergent and a sprinkler. The kids loved it!

Thursday, July 31st: A trip to the library.

Friday, August 1st: My three kiddoes.

Saturday, August 2nd: A picture of the Cracker Jack Popcorn I made for our movie night. You can get the recipe here.

Sunday, August 3rd: We took our boat to the beach in the evening and I got this shot of Sage watching her dad and Jonah in the boat.

Monday, August 4th: Austin, doing something that he loves.

That's them. Any favourites?
Thanks for looking!


moredayslikethisplease said...

Great photos Leigh!!
Love the slip slide one! We do that too!

Heather M. said...

Looks like a great summer week! My fav. is the first one of Jonah! He looks so pleased with his new blanket. :)

RAE said...

Great shots but love the shot of Jonah with his blanket and the last one of Austin reading the best!