1. It's a day off here today! Yay! So we're spending the day relaxing at home this morning and then this afternoon, we'll run some errands (Jonah needs some new runners and socks) and take the kids bowling.
2. I'm really enjoying the Kelly Purkey Sketchbook 3 class that I signed up for. Day 2's sketch inspired me to dig through my scraps and create this layout:
As I uploaded my layout I realized I didn't add any journaling! Ooops! Will have to fix that.
I used some MME pp, American Crafts thickers, a Studio Calico stamp (which I heat embossed with white embossing powder), some buttons and I used my Papertry Ink die to make the little white flower.
3. In other scrappy news, I'm super excited for the crop that Anne is hosting tomorrow. Should be a great time!
4. My friend, Susan, & I drove to Walhalla yesterday to pick up some parcels we'd ordered. One of them was this DVD that we'll be giving to the kids for Easter (now we have the whole set!) Another one was from Papertrey Ink, where I got this set (with the matching dies, this set (again with the matching die) as well as a some felt, cardstock and buttons that Susan & I split. I'm looking forward to playing with my new goodies tomorrow at the crop.
5. I posted another Spring sketch on the MSS blog this morning. I chose Sketch #68 from Inspired Blueprints and this is the layout I made with it:
My daughter took some photos of me recently and when I spotted this one on my computer, I immediately came up with the title. Initially, my journaling was going to be a little different, but I was challenged recently to do be "real" with my journaling, so this is what I came up with. I stuck pretty closely to the sketch, trading the banner for a row of flowers instead. I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper and cut some flowers out of the one piece. I layered these over some flower shapes that I cut with my PTI flower die and added some MME brads and handstitching to finish off the "banner."
Thanks for looking!