Saturday, April 16, 2011

Some masking technique projects...

...for this week's



I love this week's video and tutorial (which you can see here.) What a great way to use dies-- just cut the die from a sheet of paper and use the negative part as a mask! I decided to try out this technique by using the medium sized die from my PTI Seeing Stars dies. Here's a card I made:



I used SU! Baja breeze ink and my blending tool to apply the ink to my card, with the mask over top. Then, I stamped with my Hero Arts stamp over top to add the music notes. I added the SU! bar code stamped image to the card and then repeated the masking technique using the smaller star and a Fontwerks stamp & versamark ink. I added a star cut with the smallest die from MME patterned paper, a birthday greeting stamp and on the yellow background, I repeated the music notes stamp with SU! Basic Grey ink.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Love that bar code. Great card.

Monica K. said...

I love the masking with the music notes. And the bar code looks really cool!