1. The kids and I are competing in a tae kwon do tournament in Winnipeg tomorrow. Sage will be doing patterns and sparring, Jonah will be doing patterns, Austin will be doing board breaking, sparring and patterns and I'll be doing patterns and board breaking. Should be good, as long as the weather cooperates.... apparently it's suppose to snow!
2. For this week's Spring Sketch at MSS, I chose Sketchabilities #44. Here's the layout I made with it:
(I used Crate Paper patterned paper and border stickers & MME stamps, alphas and brads.)
3. Austin had a rough day (literally!) on Wednesday. He got hit in the eye at recess with a soccer ball really hard (and when you wear glasses, the pain is just intensified!) Then, later at tkd that evening, he was holding a rebreakable board for someone to practice breaking and when it broke, it went flying and grazed his cheek, leaving a cut! Ouch! So, I got up early on Thursday morning to make him a card to encourage him. I used my new PTI Grunge Me stamps and some PTI cardstock and decided to try this week's Make-it-Monday at Papertrey Ink again (hoping that practice will make perfect!)
4. I also got to scrapbook a little this week. I decided to tackle two of the sketches for Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook 3 class that I hadn't gotten to yet. So here's the layout I made for sketch #6:
(I used Bazzill cardstock, Pebbles, MME & Crate patterned paper, Crate border stickers and American Crafts thickers.)
And the layout I made for sketch #10:
(I used Bazzill cardstock, Pebbles, Girl's Paperie, Echo Park, & Crate patterned paper, Crate border stickers, my Quickutz Reuse alphabet dies and a SU! (yellow), PTI (red) & Basic Grey (black) buttons.)
5. MSS is having a mini-online crop this weekend. If you'd like to participate (or even just check out some challenge to get your mojo going), click here.
Thanks for stopping by!