1. I'm very excited that our spring break starts today, at 3:50pm! I'm totally looking forward to a full week off from work. We have some fun things planned: like jam-can curling for Austin & Sage tomorrow, a taekwondo sparring workshop for Sage & I on Sunday, a trip to Winnipeg for an overnight visit with my mom..... as well as lots of time hanging out at home and enjoying our above seasonal temperatures. Oh, and Jonah told me this morning that he needs me to take photos of everything we do for a project for school. No problem. :)
2. The menu-planning is going fairly well for our household, with a few adjustments. Because I do my grocery shopping on Wednesdays (our Coop offers a 5% discount on Wednesdays), I decided to change my menu week to Wednesday to Tuesday. I've made some new recipes from the binder, too. A few of them, the kids said I could remove from the binder, but this Easy Herb Frittata was a huge hit! (I just substituted the ham for turkey bacon and used a marble cheese instead.) So far, so good.
3. On Saturday, after our black belt development day, Austin & I went to the theatre and saw Journey 2 Mysterious Island in 3D. It was pretty good. I really like Dwayne Johnson (he's so gorgeous and I love how he can laugh at himself) & Michael Caine (I just love his voice!) A good family movie, for sure!
4. My friend, Kathy, hosted a Silpada Jewellery party last night. I went witih my friend, Susan, totally not anticipating buying anything. But, I fell in love with this ring (okay the direct link doesn't seem to be working, but if you scroll to the bottom of this link, it's the Light Dancer ring), so I called Cameron to see if it would be okay if I bought it and he could give it to me for our anniversary next month. He said fine, but then I wouldn't have a surprise. Yeah, I'm fine with that.... ;)
5. I made a super quick layout before work today (yes, seriously) for the latest My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge. I used some new MME patterned paper that I picked up yesterday at my LSS, which made it come together very quickly.
I used Bazzill cardstock, MME patterned paper, diecut & decorative brads. I used my brand new Papertrey Ink dies (star border) & a PTI Grunge Me Stamp.
Here are a couple of close-ups: