1. We've been enjoying a great Spring Break this week! On Saturday, Austin & Sage participated in a curling tournament with their schools. (& can you believe I didn't take any photos?? It was busy in the morning and I couldn't get close to the windows to take any. I figured, I'd taken some later on that day..... but I never went back! It was rainy, so Cameron offered to take them for me--- and I forgot to send the camera along. Ooops!)
On Sunday, after church, Sage & I attended a sparring workshop in Manitou, which was great! I thought I'd just help out with reffing if they needed help, but I ended up suiting up and participating in all of the drills. Hard work, for sure!
Then, in the evening, Cameron & I went to volleyball at my church, which was so much fun! Everyone is so accepting and encouraging and we laugh a lot!
2. On Monday, we went through all of the kids' summer clothes to try them on and see what would fit. I was pleased this only took until lunch! After lunch, Jonah & I jumped on the trampoline for a bit and I got this cool shot:
In the evening, we were invited to join the Manitou club for taekwondo... what a great experience to see how another club trains!
3. Tuesday was a great "stay-at-home" kind of day. I love these kind of days! :)
4. On Wednesday, we drove to Winnipeg to do a little shopping (I ♥ Old Navy!), where I found some things for the kids & a sweater on the clearance rack for me. :) We went to my mom's for the rest of the day (& she took us out to Applebee's for supper.) We spent the night there....
On Thursday, we hung out at my mom's and did a little more shopping before coming home.
5. On Friday, we took the kids to Brandon for the Royal Winter Fair. It was a first for all of us and everyone had a great time! Here are a few photos I took:
And a few more highlights.....
The kids enjoyed walking around the Trade Show, a magic act starring Sean Watson, some acrobats from the Circle du Soleil, a SuperDogs show, horseback riding, a petting zoo, more horseback riding and watching a Jumping competition in the evening. A very full day....
6. And lastly, I did squeeze in some crafting time this week...... I made some Easter cards based on a card by the amazing Betsy Veldman in the last issue of Papercrafts Magazine. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make a bunch of them to give away to friends & family for Easter. I used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: computer generated sentiments on diecuts.
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, aqua mist), stamps (distressed stripes) & dies (mega mat stack #4, clouds). My sentiment is computer generated, using one of my favourite fonts: BlackJack and I used some Martha Stewart glitter on the clouds. Thanks for the inspiration, Betsy!
Thanks for looking!