Thursday, July 05, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch #279

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #279 designed by Chrissy Larson:


Here's my card:


I started by stamping my feather (from PTI's Feather Finery) in versamark
onto a piece of white cardstock and then heat embossed it in white.
Then, I blended Altenew Honey Drizzle and Coral Berries onto it
with my blending tool and diecut it using the coordinating die.


I masked of a section of my background panel and repeated the process,
flicking it with water and ink when I was done.
Once it was dry, I stamped the sentiment (from PTI's Tropics) in versamark
and heat embossed it in white.

And here is the card I made originally for the sketch, back in March 2016:


Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, July 12th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

7 comments:

Aileen said...

Leigh two stunning looking cards, love them both but being drawn to bright of course that feather and bright background just do it totally for me. So eye catching. Wow

donna mikasa said...

Love both cards but your 2018 version is gorgeous!!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is gorgeous Leigh! I love the tropical colors. And I had no idea there was a die for that feather. I've been fussy cutting it all this time!

Cat Craig said...

I agree with Donna. Both cards are lovely, but the second one is a stunner.

Jen W. said...

Your feather card is gorgeous, Leigh! I'm going to dig out those colours and give them a try - they blend together so beautifully.

Darnell said...

They are both stunning, Leigh! I love both the full bird and the single feather! In fact, I have that incredible feather and am pinning your pretty card!! Hope you had a wonderful 4th! Hugs, Darnell

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love today’s projects!!!!