Monday, March 20, 2006

Life artist

On Ali Edwards' blog today, she wrote this:

"I introduced my new name for scrapbookers/creative people who are into celebrating life through art: life artist. "Scrapbooker" just doesn't cut it - it is so much more than that name implies.

"So who is a life artist? Do you take photos of your family, yourself, your environment, your world? Do you tell stories? Do you bring them all together onto paper, into your computer, onto a canvas (or some other cool concoction)? Do you create art journals with all kinds of wonderfully interesting pieces of your life and thoughts and emotions? Do you celebrate your life through your art?

"You are a life artist.

"I am a life artist.

"And man, I love it."

I love this term!

I am a life artist.

So cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I thot that was kind of a cool statement too! Scrapbooking has just become such a generic type of term already. We do so much more than that!! Thanks for sharing!

Heather M. said...

I read that and absolutely LOVE it! So true!