Thursday, March 16, 2006

The ONLY way I like to camp...

I am not a camper. I never went camping until I was in grade 11 and didn't take to it well then at all. Cameron and I have camped a few times with friends or while travelling somewhere, but it's not something either of us have really enjoyed. The last time we camped was on the way back from B.C., where I was awakened in the middle of the night by Austin throwing up on MY sleeping bag! Not a pleasant experience at anytime, but especially unpleasant at 7 months pregnant. Needless to say, we stayed in a hotel the next night!

Now, however, I have a 3 year old who has been asking me lately if we can go camping. So, because I dislike it so much (& because there is still a TON of snow outside!), I came up with a good solution. This morning, I set up our tent in our basement so he and Sage could "camp". They loved it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a great idea, Leigh!! They will love it and have tons of fun while you enjoy the comforts of home. I can just see sleeping bags in there for naps and picnic baskets full of lunch too. Great thinking on your part!

Anonymous said...

You are soooooooooo ambitious! I actually just hauled out our tent (while de-junking the basement) and told Lucas that we'd have to have a campout in the back yard this summer!! That's my extent of camping too!!! TFS.

Heather M. said...

Hehehe!!! That's awesome!!!! I bet they are having a blast in there!
I LOVE camping but only for short periods of time - I like my bed and the shower too much!

Heather said...

What a great solution for all. We have one of those Ikea tents just for kids.