Saturday, September 06, 2008

A mini-book project

I made this project for a bridal shower that I co-hosted in July. It worked really well for a shower, but I think this mini-book could totally be adapted for other topics, too.


This is the cover.

To make the mini-book, I cut two sheets of Hambly clear heavy overlay into 8 6x6" squares.
I cut coordinating patterned paper into 6x3" pieces and sewed them to the bottom of each piece of Hambly on the front and the back to make pockets on each page.
Then I bound it together with a Bind it All.


On the front page, I made a card that everyone who contributed to the group gifts signed, and slipped it into the front pocket.



On the inside pages (there were seven double spreads, total), I made four tags for each page. I used cardstock, pp, ribbon, flowers, buttons, etc to decorate them.

The idea was that at the shower, each guest received a tag on which they wrote either a word of encouragement, a Bible verse or some advice for the bride. Then when they were done, I collected them, put them back in the book and presented it to the bride.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: