Sunday, August 07, 2011

A card and a layout



I made the following card for this week's Make it Monday at Papertrey Ink: Decreasing Apertures , as well as for Vannessa's Papertrey Princess Challenge: to make either a "hot" or "cold" colour card.

I decided to go with hot. ;)

I decided to make a card for my daughter, just a little something to tell her how delightful and fabulous I think she is, thinking specifically of something that happened yesterday...

Here's the story:

I had gotten a thank you card from my pastor for translating the sermon for a congolese pastor who came to visit our church several weeks ago. When I showed the card to Sage, she exclaimed: “That’s a Christmas card!” because, well, it was, complete with pine bough and gold bow.

Well, last night, I was making a set of thank you cards and showed them to Sage. She asked who they were for and I said “Pastor Konrad.” To which she immediately said: “Because of the Christmas thank you card?”

LOL! We are so in sync, I love it!

Then she topped it off by adding: “If someone gave me a Christmas card for my birthday, I’d kill them!” (Which sounds terribly harsh, but your facial expression and the way you said it was just absolutely priceless!)

So here's the card:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (hibiscus burst, stamper's select white and kraft), stamps (Wonderful Words) and dies (Mat Stack #5 & Hanging Out.) I also used Crate patterned paper.

And then, as I was thinking about it, I thought: "Sage now has a card to remember this by..... but I want to remember it, too. I'd better make a layout."

So, I did. :)

I used the left over Mat stack that was punched out of the hisbiscus burst cardstock for the card and the "you are fabulous banner that I messed up on the one side, but it worked to trim it down.


I used all the same product, except I added the PTI Summer Sunrise cardstock.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Joyce said...

Just too sweet--the card, the layout, the story, and your daughter!

Mad for Paper said...

Very cute. I love the MIM card, great idea with the pattern papers behind the cut outs.
TFS
Ang

Jennifer T. said...

How clever! I love how you used the Hanging out set for this weeks MIM challenge.

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. I love the choice of your pattern papers for the clothes.

Tracey McNeely said...

Great layout and card. Fabulous that you used the technique on your layout too. Great cheery colours.

Jen Adcock said...

Very sweet the both. I just adore your use of color. Excellent craftwomanship.

Lee said...

Beautiful card and LO.

Vannessa said...

I love the colours you used and the paper pieced clothes. Thanks for joining in my challenge.