Saturday, October 15, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Glittery Gourds & Inspired By All the Little Things #28

Today, I have two cards to share...



First of all,
it's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!


The LEAD of the Glittery Gourds Challenge will be invited as a 
Guest Designer in a future challenge!
Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge Blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

White I was tempted to use some pumpkin stamps to make my card,
I decided to use the new Happy Harvest stamp set & coordinating Confetti Cuts
from Reverse Confetti.


I started by running my largest Lacy Scallop Frame Confetti Cuts through
my diecutting machine with my shim so I could pop out all of the scallops
and back my card with some gold foil.
I diecut my Happy Harvest Confetti Cuts from kraft cardstock and stamped them in 
versamark and heat embossed them in white and gold.


I diecut the Wheat Confetti Cuts from Cloud White Cardstock 
and pressed them into my versamark pad before heat embossing them in gold.



 



Make sure you visit each of the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge
 designers' blogs for more inspiration!
for the challenge details and to play along with us!


I also have a card to share for 

I love these colourful pumpkins, but again decided to create a card
using something other than pumpkins instead.
This time, I reached for my Simon Says Stamp/Reverse Confetti
Stamptember stamp set: Forest Friends.


I started by stamping the sweet fox and then falling leaves on watercolour paper
in versafine onyx black in and heat embossing them in clear.
Then, using a lot of masking, I stamped the pile of leaves using the two 
leaf stamps from the set.
I coloured these in using my Zig Clean Colour Brush Markers and a water brush.


I stamped the sentiment using a stamp from Forever Fall.

 

Visit Inspired By All the Little Things to see the rest of the DT's takes 
on the inspiration photo and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, October 20th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

16 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Be still my heart!! OH Leigh ... that acorn is just so beautiful!!! LOve the gold - and want a tree that drops these beauties, please! I know there is a second card here, but I'm dumbstruck! xx
=]

Marisa said...

Double the fun. Loving all the gold and that darling scalloped trim around the edge and that little fox in his leaf pile is adorable!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE the elegance and design on your Curtain Call card! Will have to join in as I can't resist something with gold - lol! Your fox card is absolutely adorable!

Karen B. said...

That gold acorn! WOW, what a way to showcase fall.

Diane Jaquay said...

Awesome cards, Leigh, love how you were inspired by both of those pumpkin graphics!!

Karen Day said...

Ah! All that masking - what an amazing end result, after what I'm sure was a lot of work! Really sweet card, Leigh :o)

Bobby said...

Your gold acorn with the lacy edge die is so elegant, Leigh. That was a LOT of masking to do for that pile of leaves but it was worth it. That darling fox playing in them is so cute.

Celeste Goff said...

Two amazing cards Leigh! I love your take on the glittery gourd sketch!

Joyce said...

Love them both!!

Betty Wright said...

Both cards are fantastic! Love the embossing on the first one and the colorful leaves on the second! Great designs, Leigh!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love that sparkly and metallic acorn! So elegant. Perfect take on the photo Leigh. The fox is so cute on the pile of colorful leaves. SWEET!

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! I LOVE the first card with the gold and white. That confetti cut is amazing. On my wish list now!! The second card is absolutely adorable!! Amazing design!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your gold and white card is exceptionally beautiful Leigh, my GOODNESS!! And that little fox playing in the colorful leaves is darling!!

KimCreate said...

I love your fox sitting on a pile of leaves! Super sweet card, Leigh.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! You just constantly amaze me, my friend! Your cards are gorgeous! LOVE your elegant "glittery gourds" design! The white and gold are so beautiful together, and your design is fabulous. I really love how the scalloped framework has those little peekaboo windows to the gold behind! And your fox card is just so super sweet! Love the colorful leaf pile, and fantastic coloring!

Kim S said...

Your acorn is gorgeous and the fox is totally cute on his colorful leaves!! I love the bit of shine behind the scallops.