Monday, February 19, 2018

Pin-Sights, Colour Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches

It's the long weekend here and I've had some time to spend in my craft area,
which has been really nice!

I've decided that one way I can make the most of my time would be to
make a few cards using the same stamp set, while I have it out.

So, I decided to use my Ellen Hutson Mondo Hydrangea stamp set
to make two cards.

The first one is for the February Pin-Sights Challenge:




Here's my card:


I stamped the image in Altenew Turquoise ink and then a second time, using
my MISTI in versamark, so I could heat emboss it in clear.
I coloured it in using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolours.


I adhered it over two strips of cardstock using dimensional adhesive and 
stamped my sentiment (from PTI's Songbirds) in Altenew Evening Grey.

And I made my second card using Colour Throwdown #480:


Here's my card:


With some masking, I stamped the leaves in Papertrey Ink New Leaf ink and 
then a second time, using my MISTI in versamark, so I could heat emboss it in clear.
I repeated these steps with the flowers, using Altenew Deep Iris.
I coloured everything in using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolours.


I stamped my Concord & 9th Barnboard Background on a strip of watercolour paper
in Altenew Evening Grey and stamped my sentiment (from PTI's KIS: Sympathy)
on a strip of grey cardstock and heat embossed it in white.

Thanks for looking!


11 comments:

Annheidel said...

Pretty cards! I love the second one with the deeper colors.

Broni said...

I love that gorgeous purple hydrangea!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful set of cards! I love the hydrangea! Such pretty colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Your hydrangea cards are lovely! Beautiful colors! So glad you shared one at FMS!

Bobby said...

The hydrangeas are gorgeous, Leigh.

Nora Noll said...

STUNNING cards that you created!!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card Leigh! The sympathy card is beautiful!!

m-h said...

Beautiful! I especially like how you used the cotton candy colours for a cool pop vibe. I received a MISTI as a gift, and I haven't quite learned how to use it - I'm excited to try the embossing technique you described. Thanks for sharing!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards! Love the pretty purple flowers!

LeAnne said...

This is SO pretty! Gorgeous colors, will be much appreciated.

maria f. said...

These are both so beautiful, Leigh. I really like the first with that unique layout and the oh-so-soft colors.