Thursday, February 07, 2008

Unexpected

I didn't realize that lent was upon us until I spoke to my mom on the phone the other day and she mentioned that it was Shrove Tuesday. I remembered that we always had pancakes for supper on Shrove Tuesday, so I decided to make them for supper for my kids.

Other than that, my only "plans" for lent were to give up purchasing scrapbooking supplies (because after a fairly decent spree at MSS in January, I promised Cameron that I wouldn't buy any more supplies until after Easter) and to give up sugar (because, frankly, I'd like to lose weight.) Not so much spiritual sacrifices-- even though I know both of these will be tough.

Then, when I was looking at blogs yesterday, I came upon Molly Irwin's blog and the art journal that she created last year for lent.

AND I WAS INSPIRED.

I decided to create an art journal (of sorts) during the lenten season this year. I want to include Bible verses that have spoken to me and things that I've learned on different spiritual topics, but also share my beliefs and things that are important to me. I'm quite excited about this. It's my first attempt at an art journal.

(But I've decided up front that it will not necessarily be an every day thing, because right now, that's too unrealistic for me. I'm just going to create pages when I can.)

So here is the title page that I made yesterday afternoon:



The green letters are Scrapworks and are adhered to a 6x6 piece of thick clear Hambly. The next page is Bazzill cardstock, Scenic Route and Bo Bunny patterned paper and Heidi Swapp clock stamps.



And here is my first entry. We had a women's night at our church on Tuesday evening and the speaker, Beth Moore, had a lot of good things to say. I summarized some of what she said here, and added some of my own insights.




Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a great way to journalling your thoughts down. Kind of a faithbook. Looks great so far.

BTW, still trying to loose weigh here too.