Thursday, November 13, 2008

Counting down to Christmas...

42 days and counting...

My kids ask almost daily how many more days until Christmas. I guess they figure with the amount of snow we got last week that it should be right around the corner. LOL!

Our neighbours have already put up their Christmas tree and Austin told me that we should put ours up, too. I think I'll still wait until December....

On Sunday, Sage asked for a piece of paper and pen and told me that she was going to make a Christmas list. She was in the dining room, while I was making supper in the kitchen. She asked me: "Mom, what do we do at Christmastime?"

"Well, we buy presents."

And I hear: "Buy presents. Check. What else?"

"We bake cookies."

"Bake cookies. Check. What else?"

"Ummm, we sing songs.""Sing songs. Check."

And this continued for a few more things, until she came to show me her completed "Christmas list"-- listing all the things we do at Christmas!



Isn't that adorable?

And in keeping with the counting down to Christmas theme, I'm afraid that I contributed to it by making this:



I used a Karen Foster CD countdown calendar and decorated it with MM pp and metal signage. I'm going to use it for advent to put little treats or notes saying what fun Christmas activities we'll be doing that day (i.e. putting up the Christmas tree.) I like to give a few gifts over the month, like a game or DVD, so I'll put a note in there that says :"Play hot and cold to find the treat." My kids love that!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Julie Overby said...

Oh my!! That was such a cute story with the cutest ending ever!! What a fantastic list!!

Your advent calendar is great. I'm trying to get a cookie sheet one done. May just be December before that happens! LOL!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your advent calendar is adorable, Leigh! SO,SO pretty. And Sage with her list just made me smile. What a little cutie!

Leah said...

That's so cute, I saw something like that on Cityline. They showed how if you had more than one child you could really make it fun for all without only doing the chocolate thing. Great Idea!!