I decided to make my album using 2 pieces of 6x6 chipboard for the covers, which I covered with Making Memories flocked patterned paper.
The album is made up of Making Memories Fa-la-la patterened paper and die cuts, as well as pieces of patterned paper from my scraps (Chatterbox, Stampin' Up!, Basic Grey, Scenic Route, 7 Gypsies, Cosmo Cricket & Autumn Leaves), some Making Memories Notebook pages, a 7 Gypsies journaling card, and some Autumns Leaves, Making Memories and Pink Paislee stamps.
(You can click on the images to view them larger.)
1. I made 31 pages in my album to cover the whole month.
2. I plan on adding in photos and my journaling throughout the month.
3. Day 26 is a Marjolein Bastin Christmas card that I received from a friend years ago. I just used the front of the card, which didn't have writing on the back. That's where I'll journal that day.
4. I photocopied a sheet of music from my son's Christmas piano book onto Travertine cardstock and cut it to to 5.5x6" pieces to add for days 13 & 29.
5. For days 5, 11, 17, 24, 27 & 31, I created the journaling cards in Word using text boxes and Auto Shapes, then printed them out on Travertine and Kraft cardstock. (I printed it on the back of the Travertine cardstock, so the surface would be smoother for journaling.)
6. For day 9, I created a little door that opens to reveal the journaling by adhering the number paper onto the journaling paper, which had a folded lip.
I think that's it.
If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or ask it in the comments section.
Thanks for looking!