Friday, March 13, 2015

Five for Friday

It's been a while since I posted a Five for Friday post....

1. I am loving that spring is starting to arrive!
We've had temperatures above zero this week and the snow is melting!
I'm thinking I'll probably be able to take out my bike on the weekend...


2. With spring's arrival, I've been daydreaming about spring clothes!
I've ordered two pairs of pants and can't wait to wear them....
I got these from Ricki's (click!) and these from Old Navy (click!).
I'm thinking they will both look great with navy tops (including this one that I got from Ricki's)
Now, I'm on the hunt for some cute navy flats....


                                           3.

Did you know that I have been a designer/educator for Paper Crafter's Library for
about a year now?
This means that I make about 6 or 7 videos a month for Paper Crafter's Library
and they post them on their site, along with PDFs with supplies, instructions, etc.
It's been such a great experience and I'm really enjoying it!
If you're interested in seeing the projects/videos I've made for PCL, click here.


4. I want to share a card that was posted earlier this week on the Chickniddy Crafts Blog
that I made using some Chickaniddy Crafts Scrumptious products.


I trimmed my Chickaniddy Crafts Scrumptious patterned paper to 4x5.25" and diecut a heart using 
the largest heart dies from Reverse Confetti's Heart to Heart Confetti Cuts from the patterned paper.
I diecut three more hearts from white cardstock.
 I adhered my patterned paper panel (sans heart) to a 4.25x5.5" panel of white cardstock, and stacked the three hearts and adhered them in the spot where the patterned paper heart was removed.
 I stamped the "love" from the Date Night Clear Stamps on the patterned paper heart
and adhered it over the cardstock hearts.
 I diecut my "sending" (from PTI's Wet Paint Cuts III) from black cardstock and adhered it to my card.

Here's a photo from the side, so you can see the dimension the stacked hearts add to the card. 



5. And, I also want to share a card that I made for The Card Concept #30: Thinking of You:


I love this gorgeous photo and just had to create a card for it!
My card style is Clean & Layered.

Here's my card:


I started by stamping the jar from Lawn Fawn's Summertime Charm stamp set
and heat embossing it in white.
I repeated this with the sentiment (from Wplus9's Fresh Cut Florals) and 
the swirls (from PTI's Hanging by a Thread stamp set).
I stamped the jar onto a post-it note and cut it out by hand, using it as a mask for my jar
while I applied some sweet blush ink to my background using a Tim Holtz blending tool.

I stamped my PTI Bitty Bouquet flowers both on the background and on the coordinating diecuts.
I cut a slit at the top of the jar and insert the stems into it.

Here's a close-up of the embossing on the jar.


Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

!neke said...

Beautiful cards and so different !

greetings Ineke

Brandi said...

Gorgeous cards. Awesome learning fun facts about you.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun post, Leigh! I always love to read your five for Fridays! So glad things are warming up in your corner of the world and so glad you've gotten to update your spring wardrobe. How fun is that? And seriously gorgeous card! love the popped up heart design that blends right into the background. And the mason jar floral card is seriously gorgeous! Wow!

merryf said...

Leigh, this card is gorgeous. So so beautiful!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very fun post, Leigh! Love your card for the card concept!

Lisa Lara said...

Love the camouflaged heart and beautiful embossing with your flowers.

Teresa Doyle said...

Gorgeous cards. I didn't realize you made videos. TFS this info. Now I'm off to check them out. I am excited as I am sure they are great!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Wonderful post Leigh! Love your beautiful cards! That mason jar bouquet is so beautiful! I don't know how you do all you do! You are amazing!!!

Celeste Goff said...

Beautiful cards! Love the die cutting on the first one and the embossing on the second!

Megan Carroll said...

Love these posts Leigh! They are so fun...and of course your cards are fabulous too!

Nathalie said...

Fun post! I want to check my Old Navy to try on those lovely yellow pants :) and I love the last card with the flowers coming out of the jar! Have a great weekend Leigh! We have 80 degree weather here so I just got our patio furniture back out :D

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Leigh! Love the colorful stripes on the first and pretty flowers on the second! Hope you have a great weekend!

Kay Miller said...

Oh my! All of your cards are so beautiful! The one with the flowers and the jar is stunning! I'm so ready for spring too! :)

Kara said...

love the subtle white embossing on the jar!

Angela said...

Leigh, your card is delightfully soft and very pretty! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at The Card Concept!

Yoonsun Hur said...

So very beautiful! Love the sweet and soft pink colour around the jar!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

Kerin said...

I love the dimension you've created for your vase of flowers! Very pretty. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

cm said...

Okay...not sure if I finished my comment or pressed send before doing so (disruptions galore here!), but I'm back just in case what I wrote was incomplete/absent! Your Five for Friday posts are ever so entertaining. Your cards: gorgeous! Your shopping: WOW! I'm loving the items you've chosen and you'll make them look fantastic! I "might" have some items in my closet that still have price-tags on them, from earlier shopping trips! Time to bring them out...wearing jeans every day (because I can *grin*) is becoming just a wee bit lazy. Awesome post, my friend!
~c