Thursday, November 23, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch #249 -- Retro CTS #104

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #249 designed by me:


Here's my card:



With the retro sketch idea, I decided to incorporate two of my old favourite techniques:
stitching and patterned paper.
I diecut some Crate Paper patterned paper with my Reverse Confetti double scalloped die
and adhered it over a piece of Bazzill cardstock. 
I stitched them in place with my sewing machine.


I diecut the Simon Says Stamp wishing die from dark grey cardstock twice,
and layered it together before adhering it to my card.
I stamped the sentiment (from SSS's Sending stamp set) in versamark onto a strip
of the same cardstock and heat embossed it in white.

Here's the card I made for the sketch, the first time around:


Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, December 7th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

LOOOOVE the stitching element on this!

Celeste Goff said...

Just gorgeous! Love the stitching, the color combo, and that beautiful patterned paper!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love Love your cards Leigh!
xx

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty! Love the scalloped trimming and stitching!

!neke said...

Great cards Leigh !!!!!

Janet D. said...

Leigh, I don’t see a post from Case This Sketch #249. Can you check on this? Your sketch is fantastic!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this!! The stitching is and pleasant unexpected surprise!

I Card Everyone said...

My machine isn't even worth the trouble of hauling it out of the closet, Leigh! But I love it when others do... and your patterned paper is a long-time old favorite gray!
I was so happy to recreate a Christmas version of your Sketch!
=]

Jen Mitchell said...

FABULOUS! I love how you've done that scalloped layer in two colors.

Trina P. said...

Pretty card In this soft colour combo. Love the two different stitching.

Annette Gordon said...

WOW! I just love the card with the stitching. The colours and simplicity just so beautiful.