Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Choices

So many choices every day...

What to wear... what to eat... what to do... what to say... how to act...

I wonder how many choices we consciously (& unconsciously) make in a day.

Just been thinking about this lately. About the choices I make to act the way I do, or say the things I say, using the tones that I use.

I think I need to be more conscious of the choices I make. So, for 2008, I chose for my verse the following passage from Deuteronomy 30:19:

“Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!"

I want to remember that the choices I make everyday can bring life or they can bring death. And I want to be more conscious of making choices that bring life (i.e. choosing to love, reach out, encourage, forgive...) & how they affect the people around me.

2 comments:

Heather M. said...

Wow, Leigh. That's something I really need to think about more.

Anonymous said...

That is a great verse - a verse to live by everyday - really puts things in perspective. Good choice SusanR