Thursday, January 17, 2008

Today...

would have been my dad's 72nd birthday. He's been gone over 7 1/2 years now. He has missed so many things in my life. He never met Jonah or Sage. He's never seen the house we live in now. He knew Austin for less than a year. He was such a great grandad.

He was such a great dad.

I can still hear his voice. His chuckle. His sneeze. The sound he'd make when he'd towel us off after a bath when we were kids.

I think of him everytime I see a soccer game, hear an Andrew Lloyd Webber song or eat a Cadbury Fruit & Nut bar. Every time I could use some advice or would just like to sit with someone in comfortable silence.

I made this layout almost two years ago. But I thought I'd post it.



Because I'm just a Daddy's girl who missed her dad.

2 comments:

Heather M. said...

Hugs to you, Leigh. I can't imagine how hard it would be. I wish he could have been there for all those things, especially for your kids. He would have loved them so much.

Heather said...

Sorry to hear that but great that you can remember the good times. HUGS!!