Sunday, August 13, 2017

Make It Monday #294 & Freshly Make Sketches #300

Today, I have a card to share for this week's 
Here's my card:


I started by stamping the leaves from Songbirds twice on my white cardstock panel --
once in Altenew Evening Grey and once in Altenew Morning Frost.
I mixed these two inks with water and flicked them on my panel with a paintbrush.
I diecut my stamped panel with my Papertrey Ink KIS: Frames die
as well as a panel of aqua mist cardstock.


I replaced the diecut, adding the aqua frame as a layer beneath my stamped frame
and stamped my sentiment (from PTI Spring Woods).
I stamped the butterfly (from PTI Masterpiece) in versamark, heat embossed it in white
and cut it out by hand, before adhering it to my card with dimensional adhesive.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

adele holcomb said...

My eye always loves white space, and the inset frame shows off the sentiment perfectly. Really nice take on the challenge!

Claire Broadwater said...

GORGEOUS! I love the die cut out and the soft colors. XX

Veronique said...

Lovely! I love how you played with the die cut, and these colours are perfect!

Jen Timko said...

So pretty! I love your layers and how they work for the sketch. So glad you joined us for our celebration this week at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

Absolutely beautiful Leigh!!

Kathy Mc said...

The framed sentiment, gray leaves and Aqua butterfly with all that white space is perfection. Leigh, you nailed both challenges with this beauty.

Kim S said...

Sweet and elegant all at the same time!! Love those branches across the scalloped sentiment panel. The cute little butterfly is a charming look. Thank you for playing along with us on our 300th sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

Rosemary said...

lovely take on the sketch and the MIM technique!

Vikki H said...

Nice use of that die to create interest and texture with your pop of color!