Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Stamp-A-Faire 2017: Bronze, Wood & Iron



Today, I'm sharing three cards that I've made for three more

So, I don't have any bronze or copper embossing powder,
so I made a mix of gold, silver and sterling silver powders and embossed them onto
the watering can and tools from Garden Variety.
 

I stamped my background with the frame from Garden Variety in Altenew Sand Dunes.
I diecut my Beautiful Berries: Spring and stamped them in PTI Canyon Clay,
Scarlet Jewel, Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado.


I stamped the sentiment (from Songbirds) in Scarlet Jewel.

While I was stamping the Beautiful Berries: Spring, I used my MISTI and stamped
an extra sprig, as well as some smaller sprigs, in the same colours.
I used them on my next card, which I made for Natasha Trupp's wood challenge.


I inked up my woodgrain impression plate with Altenew Sand Dunes and ran it 
through my diecutting machine with kraft cardstock.


I diecut the tag (a KIS frame) and stamped the sentiment (from Tropics) in Scarlet Jewel.

And lastly, I have a card for Yana Smakula's iron challenge:


I had some leftover Leaf Silhouettes from previous cards I made this weekend,
so I inked them up and embossed them in silver.
I inked up my acrylic block with Hawaiian Shores and Tropical Teal inks
and spritzed them before pressing it down onto my cardstock panel.
Once it was dry, I added the leaves.


I stamped the sentiment (from Feather Finery) in versamark and heat embossed
it on a strip of Smokey Shadow cardstock.
When I showed Sage my completed card, she questioned my sentiment (which in all
honesty, I chose for the size, which was perfect for me card.)
I said, well, they're feathers.... and she said, no, they're leaves.
But she was very gracious to say that they could be feathers. ;) 

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Gorgeous cards! The Sand Dunes ink adds a really nice subtle touch to the kraft paper!

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of pure loveliness Leigh!! Marvelous work!

TLady said...

FABULOUS CARDS, Leigh!!! Of course, you ALWAYS post the NICEST CARDS! I LOOOOOVE the one with the leaves, & the water colored background, for the Iron Challenge! SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)