Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Using Leftovers

When I had sat down to make this card for the latest CAS(E) This Sketch 
using my new Wplus9 Southern Summer Florals 2 stamps and dies,
I ended up with a few leftovers.

Not wanting them to go to waste 
(or "saving them for a later date, which never seems to come")
I decided to use them up right away.

This was my second attempt at this technique, where I inked up my acrylic block with 
PTI Hawaiian Shores and Soft Stones inks, spritzed it with water and pressed it onto 
my cardstock... but I ended up making a mistake when I trimmed it down. :(
Not wanting it to go to waste, I decided to diecut it using my Pretty Pink Posh stitched die. 


 I layered my blooms and leaves over top, stamped in Altenew
Frosted Pink, Cotton Candy, Coral Berries, Ruby Red, Morning Frost
and Mountain Mist.
I adhered it to a cardstock panel and layered that over a piece of PTI Aqua Mist cardstock.


I pressed more Hawaiian Shores ink mixed with water onto cardstock and,
once it was dry, diecut it using my SSS Sending die.
I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's KIS: Belated Birthday Wishes)
in Mountain Mist onto a Neat and Tangled Banner die.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Well it turned out perfect Leigh and a much better idea than keeping those pieces for later because we end up with so many of those pieces they rarily do get used yet you have made a perfectly beautiful card.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this Leigh! What a sweet sweet card!!