Thursday, September 21, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch #240

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #240 designed by Chrissy Larson:


Here's my card:



I started by stamping my new PTI Beautiful Berries: Autumn set in Altenew
Rocky Shores and , as well as PTI Scarlet Jewel and Autumn Rose.
I added some background with some Hawaiian Shores ink mixed with water and a paintbrush. 
I splattered on some Tropical Teal ink mixed with water, after masking my berries. 


I stamped my sentiment (from PTI Tropics) in Autumn Rose and then,
using my MISTI, inked up the bottom portion in Scarlet Jewel and stamped it again.
I stamped the little bird from Altenew Garden Gate in Altenew Dark Chocolate
and heat embossed it in clear before painting it using the same colours from my card,
water and a paintbrush.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, September 28th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Oh I love that you used stamps for your sketch! So pretty Leigh! And that little bird is the perfect touch!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful take on the sketch Leigh! This is delicate and lovely!

Bobby said...

This looks great, Leigh. I've been playing with that stamp set to get it to line up correctly. You have it mastered.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so soft and pretty, Leigh! I love the two-tone sentiment, matching the berry colors! Hideko

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a creative take on the sketch! Fabulous card!

stampingbowd said...

Your interpretation of this sketch is marvelous! So beautiful! I planned to play along with this sketch and then I guess I forgot. :(