Wednesday, September 13, 2017

The Card Concept #77 {Weathered Florals}

Today, I have four cards to share that I made, 


Isn't it gorgeous?
Our church hosts the birthday party every September for the residents
at the Tabor Home (our local nursing home.)
For the past five or so years, now, I've been asked to make cards for the 
residents who have birthdays this month.
This year, I needed to make four feminine cards and one masculine card.
This photo was absolutely perfect inspiration for me to make the feminine cards!

I decided to use my Wplus9 Modern Peonies to make them.


I started by stamping the leaves, bud and sentiment onto watercolour paper
in versafine onyx black ink and heat embossing them in clear.
Then, I coloured them in using my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers
and a water brush and ran them through my diecutting machine with my
Papertrey Ink Woodgrain Impression Plate.


I diecut repeated this stamping and colouring with the bloom and diecut them
out using their coordinating die, before adhering it to the card.
I matted it on Reverse Confetti cardstock.

I decided to colour each of them differently...




Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I just found your blog and I love it! Your design of your blog is so classy and I love how fresh your blog looks. I also really enjoyed the simplicity of your cards, (in a really good way) I also love that you included the inspiration behind the card you made, I use to visit nursing homes too, it really brings a sweetness into your life. I think the residents of your local nursing home will really cherish those handmade cards!

Bobby said...

Those peonies are lovely no matter the color, Leigh.

Celeste Goff said...

Such amazingly beautiful cards Leigh! Love all of the different color variations!

Lisa Elton said...

GORGEOUS CAS cards Leigh!

Angela Walters said...

These cards are beautiful, Leigh. I'm sure the September birthday residents will each love their cards.

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow! All four are absolutely gorgeous Leigh!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at The Card Concept! Hugs and we hope to see your artwork in our gallery again soon :-)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

All of the cards are so beautiful! I am sure the folks at the nursing home really appreciate these!!!
So glad that you shared them with us here at the Card Concept!!!!