Friday, June 27, 2014

A New Challenge


I was very excited to be contacted recently by Jackie Rockwell 
who asked if I would be interested in joining her design team 
for a new challenge blog called Tag You're It! Challenge


The challenge involves creating a project that includes a tag 
(so, a tag, card, scrapbooking layout, etc.)
based on a project using a tag shared on the challenge blog.

Since I love using tags on my projects,
I thought this would be a wonderful fit for me. :)

To start off, there's a mini-challenge where we're encouraged
to create a project (that includes a tag)
based on this super sweet tag by Karin Åkesdotter:


With it being the last day of school,
I wanted to give Jonah & Sage's teachers some butter crunch,
as is my custom. ;)

I was inspired by the shading Karin did on the background of her tag,
so I chose some Heidi Swapp patterned paper that did the same thing,
but went from aqua at the top to yellow near the bottom.


I also loved the white border on her tag, so I made a similar one
by layering the coloured tag (which I die cut slightly shorter)
over a white tag (both tags are PTI's Tag Sale 5).
The sentiment is from PTI's Summer Sweetness stamp set, 
which I stamped in aqua mist, and the die cut word 
is one of my new PTI Wet Paint die cuts.

Be sure to head over to the Tag You're It! Challenge blog
to check out the rest of the amazing DT
& what they created for the mini-challenge.

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Megan Carroll said...

Ooo a new challenge! Your tag is great! I will check it out and hope to play along. You are a busy designer....congrats Leigh!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet tag! I love your choice of the patterned paper!

Jen Carter said...

This is a great challenge for you! Congrats!! I love your tag, so soft & pretty!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Congrats, Leigh!! Love your sweet tag.

Deepti said...

Congratulations on ur new DT spot, I loved u tag :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello Leigh,

I have missed your beautiful work and so many lovely posts these past few days. Congrats on the new gig and I love your tag!

Thank You~

Lisa Elton said...

YAY so happy for you Leigh!! Your tag is beautiful!

Lynn Put said...

Lovely tag, Leigh! The soft colors and die cut sentiment look wonderful.

robinann17 said...

Your tag is so sweet and pretty! I'm sure the teacher will love it. Any chance you would share your butter crunch recipe? Sounds delish!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, your tag is simply amazing! So pretty and elegant and I love that die cut sentiment!

Tracey McNeely said...

A perfect tag Leigh, I love the soft colours. So happy to be designing with you at Tag You're It!

Joni Andaya said...

Congratulations Leigh....your tag is so pretty :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Congrats Leigh! Love this tag, elegant!

donna mikasa said...

So exciting to be on another DT with you! LOVE your tag--the pastels are so pretty!

Jill Norwood said...

Congrats Leigh! Love your tag my dear! So pretty! :)

Marion said...

Beautiful tag Leigh. Love the double tag idea - I must try that sometime! I'm very excited to be on team with you :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Congratulation, Leigh! Love your tag!!!