Friday, June 13, 2014

Five for Friday

Well, June is speeding by & we've been pretty busy....
I've been working quite a bit (which is nice, since I'll have July & August off),
we had a garage sale on Saturday & I caught a cold somewhere in there (boo!)
Here are some other highlights....

1. Austin had his final Jazz Choir performance last Thursday evening.
He's a member of the Jr. Jazz Choir at his school.
For their last song, they sang Radioactive and were joined by the Sr. Jazz Choir
as well as members of the Jazz band on instruments -- it sounded amazing!
I actually got a little teary-eyed while they sang.... for me it had
the same effect as watching a flash mob on Youtube.
(Please tell me I'm not the only one that gets affected by these like that!)
I think it's the whole "coming together thing" -- but seeing the two choirs
and the amazingly talented young musicians.... well, it was just really cool!

And, Austin had a solo in the song, too. :)


2. The next day, I went along on another field trip with Jonah.
(I love that he still wants me to come along!)
This one was local and we visited the Thresherman's Museum.


Our group had a lot of fun touring... but Jonah's favourite thing was definitely the petting zoo --
he could have stayed there and cuddled bunnies and kittens all day!


3. I got new glasses.



What do you think?

4. I got to spend the day in the city with my best friend, Val, yesterday.
(Sorry for the slightly blurry photo -- Sage took it for us before we left.)


We spent the day shopping (always a fun time!)
I bought the pink top that I'm wearing in the photo of me where I'm showing off my new glasses.

5. And, because I always love to share something crafty....

I made a card for Taheerah's Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #20,
using some Reverse Confetti stamps & dies.


I was inspired by the rug in the photo.
I diecut my Petals 'n Posies Confetti Cuts from true black cardstock,
stamped on them with Petals 'n Posies in versamark
and heat embossed them in different colours.
Then, I stamped the same stamps in sweet blush on my sweet blush background.
My sentiment is from the fabulous Lots to Say stamp set.





Thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Alanna said...

Fun photos and a great card.

Tonya Jastad said...

Sounds like a great start to summer! I like the glasses and that top is cute too!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like lots of great stuff going on... Love the bright card too!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm with you, where has the first half of June gone!! Great photos Leigh. Love your pretty new pink top and spiffy glasses, great shot of you ;) Oh yeah...super cute card too!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great update! Looks like lots of fun and I love the bright colored embossing on your card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh I love your five for Friday posts! You are not the only one, I have always gotten teary eyes when ever I have seen my kids performing at at school. I was a mess at graduations too. LOVE your new glasses so flattering. Of course your card is awesome too!

Diane Jaquay said...

Your new glasses look fabulous, Leigh! And your card is wonderful, love the embossed flowers, they really stand out! And last but not least, you have a beautiful family, treasure these times with them (I know you do!) The days of field trips with my kids is sadly in the past :( Of course I still love doing things with them whenever they'll let me lol ;)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Great photos of your sons, love your photo and new glasses!
Cute, cute card, love those colours together!
Haves a great week-end!

Megan Carroll said...

Love your post and your card!

Deb said...

Leigh, I love your cute card snd your glasses rock! Picking out a new pair is always hard for me. Yours are lovely! And I get emotional watching those flash mobs too. I think it's the estrogen, lol.

Kelly Latevola said...

Thanks for sharing all those fun photos! I love the drop shadows on your card, very cool!

Michelle said...

I cry just about every time I see my girls sing with their choirs at school. There is something magical in choral music for me. :-) Your new glasses, and your new pink top, look fabulous! Great update, Leigh! :-)

Wida said...

what a fun post. I love the glasses and pink suits you! I took my kids to the petting zoo and they couldn't handle the smell for more than 5 minutes! LOL!

Kay Miller said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colors and the embossing over the black! Such beautiful photos too!

Taheerah said...

Such a bright, funky take on the rug from the inspiration Leigh, and I really love that you brought in the tone-on-tone pink that's evocative of the walls in the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Leigh. Love the technique. The colors look wonderful on the black and under the white.

Joni Andaya said...

What a lovely post! Love your new glasses :)

Joyce said...

Fabulous week you had. Love the card and the photos, and I hope you have a wonderful summer.