Monday, June 23, 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues #22



I'm super excited to be guest designing for The Cure for the Monday Blues!
I have enjoyed playing along with Taheerah's fabulous inspirational challenge (click!), 
and was so thrilled when she asked me to guest design for her this week!


I was inspired by the colours, the diagonal stripes on the table legs, the shapes on 
 those drawers and that super sweet photo with the sun on it.

Here's my card:


I used the backs of various circle stamps in my collection to stamp my background
in aqua mist, harvest gold, sweet blush & berry sorbet.
I die cut my diagonal patterned paper using the top part of the tag from the 


I stamped the sentiment using Papertrey Ink's Wet Paint stamp set.
I stamped the sun (from Papertrey Ink's City Scene) onto sweet blush card stock and cut out by hand.
A few Pretty Pink Posh sequins (6mm Pink Blush4mm Lemon Meringue) finish it off.

For my card, I also used Poppy Sketch #7,
which Pretty Pink Posh is sponsoring:


I'm linking this up to this week's 
Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Laura Davis said...

This is so soft and pretty, and the polka dots are soooo much fun! Thanks for playing at Poppy Sketches!
Laura

Laura Sterckx said...

This is amazing, Leigh. I love the polkadots. The colors are so bright and happy. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Congrats on being a guest designer! Love all the circles on your bright colorful card!

Ranger and Tanner said...

This is so cheerful, beatiful job!

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun card! I love the colorful circles and that little smattering of sequins at the bottom!

Karen C. said...

What a fun and cheerful card, Leigh. Perfect for a summer card!!

Deepti said...

What a cheerful and sweet card !!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this, Leigh, such a happy card! Congratulations on your guest design spot!

Megan Carroll said...

Congrats on being a guest designer Leigh!!

~amy~ said...

congrats! Love your card!

Lisa Elton said...

YAY for you , BIG congrats Leigh! Love this cute card with the big chunky polka dots!!

Taheerah said...

So bright and fund and pretty Leigh! Such a striking card! I'm so thrilled to have you guesting for me this week!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Congrats on your guestie spot! I LOVE all of those yummy colorful dots on your card and the touches of sequins! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppy Sketches!

Lee said...

LOVE the polka dot bg you made...how fun!! And the stitched die is so cool!

Victoria Lavender said...

This card has "FUN" written all over it! Cheers

Lori said...

Too fun! Love the multicolored polka dot background. Thanks for joining us at Poppy Sketches!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

This is SO FUN!!! LOVE the polka dots...thanks for playing along!