Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop


It's the 25th, which means that I'm playing along with the Papertrey Ink blog hop.
This month's challenge was to be inspired by this photo:


And, Nichole also provided three sketches 
and two colour combos to go along with it.

I have to admit, I was inspired more by the sketches & colour combos
than by the photo itself.

I ended up making three cards -- one for each sketch. :)

For my first card, I used the second sketch & the first colour combo.



I loved the overlapping frames and immediately thought of the slide frame die.
I'd originally thought of using three of the same frame, but it didn't fit very well on my card,
so I pulled out some Crate Paper chipboard slide frames to go along with it.



I also used my new Wet Paint die, which I die cut three times from orange zest
cardstock and layered together.
For my stamped sentiment, I stamped the "your" from Wet Paint and I masked the 
"summer"  from the "sweet summertime" stamp from Monthly Moments: June.
As a finishing touch, I inked some Pretty Pink Posh wooden stars with 
my Tim Holtz blending tool and the inks listed in the colour combo.

For my second card, I used Danielle's Make It Monday: Vellum Overlays technique, 
along with the third sketch and the second colour combo.



For this card, I used some Heidi Swapp patterned paper that matched
the colour combo perfectly.


I love that the patterned paper said "choose happy" and thought it would be fun to add
the vellum overlay over top. 
I stamped the "today" from Wet Paint II on the vellum in Versamark & heat embossed it in white.
I die cut the new Monthly Moments: Tabbed die cuts from the Heidi Swapp
patterned paper and adhered it to the vellum. 
I stamped part of the "y" from "today" onto the last tag and heat embossed it in white, as well.
I added some stitching and some Pretty Pink Posh sequins 
Here's a close up of the overlay over the patterned paper:


And for my last card, I once again used Danielle's Make It Monday: Vellum Overlays technique,
the first colour combo and the first sketch.



I decided to make another "enjoy summer" card and used the same die as on my first card.
However, I also decided, instead of the wedged circles in the sketch
to use my new Summer Sweetness stamps and dies.


I masked and stamped the "summer" from the "enjoy summer" sentiment in 
Summer Sweetness and heat embossed it in white.
I die cut the Wet Paint die & the popsicles from white card stock.
I kept this one fairly simple, but love how it turned out!

I'm also linking all three of these cards to this week's 

Thanks for looking!

55 comments:

Megan Carroll said...

Love your cards today Leigh!! They are all so creative!!

Gina said...

Leigh, I love all of these!! They are wonderful!

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic cards Leigh! Love how you've used the wet paint set with these, makes me want that set.

Nancy Penir said...

Leigh, these are each an ode to sketch brilliance! Tried to pick a fav, but love each in a special way. Great takes, lady!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Leigh, all of you cards are great but the first framed one is spectacular! I LOVE everything about it. GREAT use of the frames. LOVE it!
Thanks for sharing
Susan

Anonymous said...

Leigh...wow, they are all just gorgeous. I love your final card with the ice cream, so sweet.

sentsue said...

Awesome cards. I like how you incorporated the MIM in them also! Great job!!

craftmates said...

Lovely cards! My fave is the Choose Happy card!

Birgit said...

All three cards are fabulous! So full of fun and happiness.

Luanne said...

Love them all Leigh!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Love your cards! The one with the vellumn is my favorite!

Unknown said...

such pretty cards!!

Jen Carter said...

I love all 3 Leigh!! The popsicle is probably my favorite! I really need that set!! Love your use of the wet paint series!!

Kara said...

beautiful! love your velum cards!

~amy~ said...

perfect Leigh!

Kathryn A said...

Wonderful cards, Leigh! I can't believe I haven't used my Wet Paint stamps, yet... They are really great! I also love how you've used the frames on your first card. Very creative!

Jennifer K said...

Look at you go with three cards! Love them all but especially love the bottom one with the popsicle and Wet Paint die (note to self: must get dies ASAP!)

Debra said...

Creative and beautiful cards...love your interpretations of the sketches.

A Crafty Person said...

All your cards are wonderful! The overlay Popsicle card makes me want a Popsicle.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

SO FABULOUS!!! Your cards blow me away! So much inspiration!!! Have a happy day. :-)

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful cards!! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

These are all superb, Leigh! I adore the first card with the overlapping frames, WONDERFUL!!

Tracey McNeely said...

You never disappoint but you always get me to add to my never ending shopping list--I need those slide frame dies now! Fantastic designs and colours!

Betty Wright said...

A fantastic trio! Love that each one is different, but still incorporates some of the same elements! Great designs!

Susan said...

Your cards are wonderful Leigh! Love the popsicles best - wish I'd bought that set!

Karen said...

All three are great! Such fun, happy colors.

Lisa Elton said...

Another trio of terrificness Leigh!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! I think I like that second one the best with the little banner you created.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Love all 3 Leigh! Great job...

Rhonda said...

The 3rd is my favorite. Love the green background and the fun cool treat.

Patti said...

LOVE them all!! especially your first with the frames. Brilliant!

Patti

maria f. said...

All heavenly.

Diana K said...

Love these, Leigh! You always make such fun cards - I have a bit of a soft spot for that last, Summer Sweetness, one.

Danielle Flanders said...

These are awesome, Leigh! Beautiful!

Sherrie M. said...

Fab cards Leigh! LOVE your popsicle card the best.

Lynn said...

A trio of amazing cards Leigh. I love them all especially the one with all the frames.

Happy Dance said...

Spent some time really looking at your three cards, Leigh, and I couldn't pick one I liked above the others! They are all fantastic. The colors, the embellishments, the stitching...are all perfect. So nice to pop over here and see your wonderful creations. Bev

Martha said...

Leigh, your cards are simply lovely!

Jen Carter said...

I'm always such a fan of your cards! I love your work and these cards are no exception!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely cards Leigh - great fresh, summery feel to them all!

Inkyfingers said...

What a great collection of cards Leigh. I love your interpretations of the challenge and the vellum cards are particularly lovely.
Hugs
Carol x

Celeste Goff said...

What great cards! I love the color palette! So many gorgeous colors!

Celeste Goff said...

What absolutely amazing cards! I love them all!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

sigh... so beautiful as always!!! LOVE your work!

Susan Block said...

Wonderful cards! I love your style- clean and simple!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

I love all three Leigh. I was searching my stash for the word summer the other day. I did find one but now I know where else I can find one. I just don't have that set yet. On the list it goes!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great cards. Love the vellum card with the stitching.

Helen F. said...

Each one of your fabulous cards is so very Summery and fresh, Leigh

Thordis said...

Oh WOW! LOVE; LOVE your cards. They are amazing :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Wonderful cards Leigh. Love the frames on the first one... the vellum looks great on the other two... I also like the sequins.

Marybeth said...

Each and every card is gorgeous! Your work is always beautiful Leigh.love the first one with the different frames. Don't you love the new word dies!

Karen C. said...

Wow. Your cards are so colourful and fun!! I didn't get a chance to enter the June Blog Hop, but it's been great to see so many variations of designs. I'm patiently waiting for Wet Paint stamps and dies to come back into stock. Love how you've been using them on your projects lately!

Joni Andaya said...

Fabulous projects Leigh!!! Gorgeous colors :)

Lindsey said...

Leigh, I just love these. Seeing your cards is always a treat!

Nora Noll said...

All three of your cards are adorable!!! I love the colors you used and the fun way you used the stamps. Fabulous take on the challenge!!