Friday, June 20, 2014

Five for Friday


It's been another busy week.... and I've taken surprisingly few photos. ;)

1. I have some stamps & dies for sale, if you'd like to check them out here.

2. I have a couple of afternoons of work booked and then it looks like 
I will be off for summer! I cannot wait!

3. Jonah auditioned for the Grade 7&8 Jazz Choir for next year.... and made it!
We're all so excited for him!


He also decided that he wants to join Band in the fall.... and wants to play the double bass.
So, in preparation, he's going to be taking electric bass lessons this summer.
How cool is that?

4. We've been busy making plans for summer.... 
These include: swimming lessons at the beach, 
a visit from my older brother & his family, Sage going to camp, 
dog-watching Lucy for a few weeks, a trip to Minneapolis for 
a couple of days, oh and there are three birthdays in there, too.... 
Should be a good one!

5. We had our last Sunday School for the year this past Sunday.
As a farewell for my group, I made them some cards using some Reverse Confetti 
Let's Chill stamps & dies.


These first two were the styles I made for the boys (five of them.)
I used some My Mind's Eye patterned paper for the backgrounds.
I cut the banners using Tag Me.
I die cut my card stock using the Doin' The Wave Confetti Cuts and 
then die cut these with the Let's Chill Confetti Cuts.
Then, I covered them with Glossy Accents and let them dry before adhering them to my card.


The girls (five, as well) got these styles.... the same design, but with some
more girlish colours.



In the inside, I told them how much I enjoyed having them in my group this year.
 I  also sewed some pockets with the striped patterned paper 
and tucked a coupon for an ice cream treat at our local DQ into each one. 
Needless to say, they were a hit. :)






Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

A big huge congrats to Jonah! Fabulous! And I love those popsicles!

craftmates said...

Really cool cards! Congrats to Jonah!

~amy~ said...

Yay for having the summer off...sounds like you all will be very Busy!

Love your cards...you're tempting me with the Let's chill set. For some reason I didn't pick that one up...yet.

Tracey McNeely said...

Congrats to Jonah! That is awesome news. Your popsicles look good enough to eat!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Yum! I love the shiny finish on the colorful popsicles.

Diane Jaquay said...

Congrats to Jonah! Sounds like you have a busy summer planned :) LOVE these sweet popsicle cards, the glossy accents make them look good enough to eat!

Alanna said...

Love your cards. They are so cute.

Kristie Goulet said...

Congrats to Jonah! I have a Jonah too and a Noah, Hannah & Leah. :) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your popsicle cards. Guess I need to purchase this die. WOW!

Geri said...

Those popsicles look FABULOUS, Leigh! How fun!!!

cm said...

First, awesome accomplishment, Jonah! Auditioning (I admire your courage!) and being selected for the Jazz Choir is fabulous news!! Add to that your decision to take bass lessons: wow! You're inspiring!
Leigh, your summer sounds delightful. And those popsicle cards...are pure fun! Love them, as I know your Sunday school group did! Super cute!
~c