Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Crafty Peeps June Card Kit


I'm super excited to share the cards that I made this month
using the Crafty Peeps Card Kit, because this month was
my turn to put together and send out the kits!

I filled them with six different Echo Park patterned papers & one
sheet of WRMK paper, some PTI cardstock & buttons
and some stamped/diecut goodies and other fun embellies, too.

Here are the cards I made:


Everything I used on this card was from the kit, except for the Journaling Card 1 frame
that I used to diecut the patterned paper and the
Mama Elephant stamp I stamped on the journaling card diecut.
The typewriter is from Mama Elephant's Type It stamp set and I just recently
got the coordinating dies.
The "hey" diecut is also from this set.


Next I diecut this super cool "fan" patterned paper using the Journaling Card 1
diecut and layered on it my sentiment (a Reverse Confetti stamp from Let's Chill stamped
on a PTI die that came with the March die set). 



On this card, over my patterned paper, I layered goodies from the kit:
a Reverse Confetti Arrow diecut from Limeade Ice cardstock,
a Studio Calico wooden bicycle & some PTI buttons.



Here, I made a tag from the "fan" patterned paper and my largest tag from
Reverse Confetti's Tag Me.
I diecut some harvest gold cardstock with the banner from  Tag Me.
On it, I stamped another sentiment from  Let's Chill.
I added a Heidi Swapp chipboard arrow that I inked green and some PTI buttons (all from the kit).

I'm linking up these cards to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:

So, when I was making up the kits, I was thinking there were 11 members to whom
I needed to mail kits, plus me.
So, I made 12 kits.
Well, it turns out there were 10 members plus me, so I ended up with an extra kit.
I decided to give it to Sage & ask her to guest design for us this month.
Here's what she made with the kit:


She made it for her cousin, Noah, who just turned 11 last week.
And I sent Noah the third card I made (using the same sentiment/frame),
with the wooden bike, so our cards are coordinating. 
Sweet!

Make sure you visit Jen Carter's blog to see what she did with the kit!

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute kit Leigh, these are all super cute! Your guest designer did a SUPER job too!!

merryf said...

These are all such fabulous creations from the kit! And your guest designer's work is just as fabulous as yours!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful group of cards! I love these papers!

Jen Carter said...

You girls are both so creative!! Sage is becoming quite the card maker! I really like how you've both layered all of the various elements!

This was such a fun kit Leigh! Thank you so much for sending it! I just adored the papers and elements and the colors I really fell in love with!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are awesome! Love the papers in here and your daughters card is so cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh you created such a fabulous kit, I love the colours and elements you chose. Each card is so lovely and Sage is really becoming quite a talented young card artist!

Carol L said...

I just love all the fans, the wooden bicycle and all the little arrows! Great collection of cards!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love all of these, Leigh! The typewriter and fans and everything else is so cute!!

Celeste Goff said...

What fun cards you've made! I love all of them!

cheiron said...

Great masculine cards and great color scheme! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Father's Day/Masculine Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week :)

~amy~ said...

super cute & fun cards Leigh!

Nathalie said...

I like the play on words with the fan paper. Fabulous set of cards and I see that your daughter is very talented too!

Ranger and Tanner said...

Way fun! Way to make the most of a kit. We love the modern colors with kitschy images.

Joni Andaya said...

Love the kit Leigh!!!

Tonya Jastad said...

This is a great kit! I love all of the cards! You GD did a fabulous job!

cm said...

Awesome set of cards here! Each one so unique and eye-catching! I have some of those papers and you've certainly sparked ideas! Wow!! ~c