Friday, July 21, 2017

Five for Friday

1. Austin left for a missions trip with twenty-five other youth and leaders
from our church on Wednesday.
After a layover in Montreal, they arrived in Port-au-Prince, Haiti yesterday.
I'm very excited for this opportunity for him!


You can follow their trip here, if you'd like.


2. After church on Sunday, Austin and I drove to Winnipeg and spent the afternoon together,
just the two of us.
We did a little shopping and went to see Baby Driver at the theatre.
Unfortunately, I realized later that we hadn't taken any photos of our day out. :(


3. I got new glasses. 


Sage and my friend, Val, helped me pick them out.
And Sage took this photo of me. :)


4. I shared a couple of weeks ago how I sold the front display at Two30Nine 
and redesigned it to fit into my client's kitchen (click here to see photos).

Well, I wanted to share a peek of the new front display that I designed to take its place.


It combines so many of my favourite things:
white shaker cabinets, herringbone tile, glass cabinets, floating shelves,
Fantasy Brown granite countertops and an island in one of our new Coastal colours.
Intrigued?
You can see more of it here.


5. I have another card for this week's CTS:


 and for the current Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Surf's Up:


I decided to make a card using my MFT butterfly set -- in different shades of blue. 


I stamped my butterfly onto its coordinating diecut 
and layered it over a piece of cardstock that I'd smooshed with PTI Hawaiian Shores ink.


I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's KIS: Sympathy) 
on a strip of navy cardstock and heat embossed it in white.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSave

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Way to go to Austin on his mission trip! I'll pray for safe travels and an amazing time for him. What a gift he is giving. Love your five for Friday updates. Your card is gorgeous...and the kitchens...swoon! You are so amazingly talented Leigh!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Love the beautiful shades of blue, Leigh! Your new glasses look great on you! Hideko

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration! Love the pretty butterfly!