Sunday, July 09, 2017

Make It Monday #290

I hope you're enjoying your Sunday afternoon!
I was able to spend some time in my craft area this afternoon and made a card for
  this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Combining Stencilling and Masking,
before going for a walk with Sage.
I love summer!

I didn't have a stencil that would work for this technique,
so I made my own by diecutting my PTI Shaker Shapes: Scalloped Rectangle
from a piece of scrap cardstock.


I laid down my “stencil” and then layered some Summer Berries diecuts over top, 
which I diecut from post-it notes.
I blended some Hawaiian Shores ink onto my PTI White Linen cardstock. 
I mixed some Tropical Teal ink with water and flicked it onto my panel with my water brush. 
I then flicked some water onto my panel and 
pressed a paper towel over top to soak up the excess water.
I kept one of the diecut masks in place and stamped my berries using PTI’s Limeade Ice and Simply Chartreuse and Altenew’s Coral Berries and Ruby Red.


I stamped the Sweet from Summer Berries in Altenew Jet Black and added the strip which I heat embossed in white using PTI’s KIS: Belated Birthday.
A few PTI Rainstones finish it off.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Leigh! Perfect on the linen cardstock too...love the ink blending on it!! :0)

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Love your color choices

Kathy Mc said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card, Leigh! I'm now convinced I "need" those berries...and linen cardstock, too.

Darnell said...

You've made my mouth water, Leigh! With the water spots and the raindrops, it feels like those berries are fresh picked, splashed with a quick clean from the garden hose, and ready to pop in my mouth!! Beautiful card! Hugs, Darnell

Kris said...

Your scalloped rectangle stencil is perfect for this card, Leigh! Love the color combination, and the berries :)

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card Leigh...love those gorgeous berries.

SugarGem said...

I love how you masked this card. Looks awesome.