Saturday, August 26, 2017

Stamp-A-Faire 2017: Paper & Leather

I am very excited to be playing along with this year's Stamp-A-Faire
at Papertrey Ink.
Today, I'm sharing three cards that I've made for three challenges so far.

My first card is for Rebecca Luminaria' paper challenge.
I decided to try dying my paper in boiling water and some drops of re-inker.
I have to admit, this didn't work so well for me.
I only have some aqua mist re-inker, and even though I let them soak for longer
than 60 seconds, they turned out pretty pale.

Here's my card:


The dyed leaves (I used my Songbirds die) are the light blue ones -- they're just slightly
darkert than my stamper's select white background.
I smooshed some Blueberry Sky ink mixed with water onto another piece of white
cardstock and, once it was dry, diecut more leaves. 
I adhered them together onto my card.


I diecut the "thanks" several times and stacked them together.
I stamped the "you've been so kind" (from Bloomers) in versamark and heat
embossed it in white on black cardstock.

Next, I have a card for Laura Bassen's paper challenge:


I diecut my PTI leaves from aqua mist, hawaiian shores and lemon tart cardstock.
I smooshed some Hawaiian Shores ink mixed with water onto my panel
and stamped the sentiment (from Songbirds) in Altenew Jet Black.


I added a vellum diecut over my Hawaiian Shores leaf and stitched it in place.
I was going to do the same to the yellow one, but it made the cardstock look beige,
so I decided to just stitch down the middle, without the vellum.
Some rustic cream twine finishes it off.

And lastly, I have a card for Ashley Cannon Newell's leather challenge:


I decided to make my faux leather diecut shape using one of my Leaf Print dies.
It's a little dark here in the picture, so it's hard to tell, but the texture is quite nice!
I diecut the other leaves from some scraps of patterned paper that I had,
added a border and some rustic cream button twine.


I stamped the sentiment (from Choose Joy) in Altenew Espresso.

Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

BrendaB said...

Wow, all three cards are just gorgeous!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, these are awesome!

Betty said...

three really lovely cards, Leigh!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty colors and a nice soft card. I like the leaves you've used and the thought of leather for a leaf is very cool.

Nora Noll said...

I am loving your projects!! I love the soft look of the first one. Each of these cards is fabulous.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, amazing collection of beauties, Leigh! I especially love the Ashley's challenge card - deign, colors, patterns, (leather) texture, style of the sentiment. Hideko

Birgit said...

You're off to a great start Leigh! Love all your cards! That faux leather leaf is awesome and I adore the colors you used in Laura's paper scraps challenge. Beautiful!

Betsy V said...

You're doing great on the challenges, Leigh! Your cards are so pretty, as usual!

Vikki H said...

Three beauties, Leigh! We have company all weekend and leave for a camping trip on Monday so will not be able to participate. The techniques are amazing!

Colleen said...

Amazing cards, Leigh!

merryf said...

They're all beautiful!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Awesome cards, Leigh!

Sandy S. said...

All three are beautiful, Leigh, but I especially like the colors of your dyed leaves.

Marcia Hill said...

Three absolutely beautiful cards Leigh! I especially like your faux leather card...FABULOUS!! :0)

Rebecca Luminarias said...

All of your cards are beautiful, Leigh!

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of prettiness Leigh! Love the soft lilac and white on the first, the sunny colors on the second and the wonderful cluster of leaves on the last one!

nancy said...

I'm always impressed with your ability to create such lovely cards so quickly. I might just be CASEing your last card with its great mix of textures.