Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Two final cards inspired by SAF

Today, I have two last cards to share that were inspired by Papertrey Ink's
Stamp-A-Faire Challenges this past weekend, more specifically,

Nichole shared such pretty inspiration photos on her blog, 
it was hard to only be inspired by one of them!
So, even though I can't enter them in the challenge (one project per person)
I want to share them here on my blog.

First up, this beautiful photo...


... inspired this card:


I diecut the Beautiful Berries: Spring and stamped it in PTI Ocean Tides
and Altenew Mango Smoothie, Warm Sunshine and Evening Grey.
I had smooshed some Hawaiian Shores ink onto a piece of watercolour
paper for another card and diecut it using my Shaker Shapes: Rectangle dies.
I blended some Ocean Tides ink onto the frame.


I stamped the sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp's Congratulations) 
in clear and heat embossed it in black --
also something I thought I'd use on another card, but didn't.
I love it when I can pull some of these leftovers together to make a card!

And I was super inspired by this photo:


However, it wasn't a PTI set that jumped to mind to use when I saw this photo...
it was my Flourish set by Concord & 9th.


I started by stamping my PTI Vintage Cream background with 
my C&9th Barnwood Background stamp in Altenew Morning Frost.
Then, I stamped the Flourish stamps in PTI Canyon Clay (stamped twice), Terracotta Tile,
Scarlet Jewel and Ripe Avocado (stamped twice).
(Have I mentioned lately how much I love my MISTI?)
I heat embossed the flowers in white and tried to add the detail in yellow,
but it melted into the white a little.
Still a cool effect though.
For my berries, I stamped them twice in Wplus9's white ink and then a third time
in PTI Spring Moss, which turned out quite cool.
I stamped the detail in Spring Moss again.


I stamped my sentiment (from PTI's Winter Woods) in Ripe Avocado (twice).

I'm linking this card up to this month's 



Thanks for looking!
SaveSave

5 comments:

Joyously Noelle said...

Wow all your SAF cards are perfection! Sounds like you are busy with fall activities and still found time to make so many lovely projects. I really like all your georgeous wood leaf cards! Happy SAF.

Celeste Goff said...

Such gorgeous cards Leigh!

Lisa Elton said...

Another fabulous paid of cards Leigh, so pretty!

Bobby said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, Leigh, and spot on with the inspiration photos.

Papercraft Boutique said...

I LOVE that you stamped Barnwood Background in Morning Frost! It's so beautiful and effective. The colors you used for this card are fabulous! Hideko