Sunday, August 27, 2017

Stamp-A-Faire 2017: Warm Up & Wood

Even though our town is having our annual Corn & Apple Festival this weekend,
where I have been volunteering in our church's booth selling cheesecake and walking in the
parade to represent Two30Nine and Decor, as well as spending time there with my family,
I've still managed to find some time to play along with this year's Stamp-A-Faire
at Papertrey Ink.
Today, I'm sharing five cards that I've made for two challenges yesterday.

My first card is for Lizzie Jones' wood challenge.
I'm so thankful that when I was doing the last big purge of my craft room
that I held onto my Studio Calico wood paper!
I decided to use my largest PTI Leaf Silhouette die to make my card.


I kept one of my wood diecuts natural, and inked up three others using Orange Zest,
Scarlet Jewel and Autumn Rose and my blending tool.
On this card, I used the Scarlet Jewel outline and filled in my leaf with the three other colours.


I matted my card in Scarlet Jewel cardstock and stamped my sentiment 
(from PTI's Pedal Pusher) in Altenew Jet Black ink.

And, because I had so many pieces left over, I made a couple more cards:



On my first attempt at inking the wood paper, I tried PTI's Canyon Clay.
I decided to use this outline with the pieces of Scarlet Jewel I had left over, as well
as some Sweet Blush cardstock (I had tried inking the wood with the Sweet Blush,
but it didn't work very well.)
On this card, I left out of a few pieces to show the white background.


Next, I have a card for the Take Ten Warm Up Challenge,
where I was inspired by this photo:


I couldn't resist using some Authentique gingham paper from my stash,
as well as my PTI Beautiful Berries: Summer to make my card:


I stamped the berries onto their coordinating diecuts in Altenew Frosted Pink,
Coral Berries, Ruby Red and PTI Green Parakeet and New Leaf.


I stamped the sentiment (from Phrases & Praises) in Altenew Jet Black.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSave

5 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Beautiful cards, as always Leigh!!! You are rocking the challenges from PTI this weekend!

Lisa Elton said...

These are all lovely Leigh!

nancy said...

Leigh, the thank you notes are fabulous. So smart to make a number of them with all of those die cuts. Your berry card is charming and a wonderful use of the inspiration photo.

Lizzie Jones said...

Leigh, I love your wooden leaf cards. One of the wonderful parts of this technique is having so many pieces to mix and match on multiple projects. You showed that off beautifully here. Thank you so much for playing along!

Helen F. said...

Lovely thank you note cards, Leigh! I love the sweet Summer Berries card, too :-)