Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cas(e) This Sketch #81 & Fusion

*Note: this is my second post today. Please scroll down or click here
to see my Chickaniddy Crafts Card Sketch post. Thanks!


We're so excited to be partnering up with Fusion this week at CAS(E) This Sketch!
Here are the combined challenges...


I was inspired by the colours and the sparkle & shine
from the inspiration photo to make my card.


I started with some Heidi Swapp patterned paper as my background.
I diecut my banner using the end of the largest tag from Reverse Confetti's Tag Me 
from vintage cream cardstock.
I stamped some leaves on the banner using Wplus9's Spring Floral set 
and heat embossed them in seafoam white.
Then, I stamped the flower (heat embossing it in seafoam white as well) and the centres in gold.
The leaves are stamped in classic kraft.
I fussy cut this out by hand and adhered it to my banner.
The sentiment is from PTI's The Sweet Life.

Here's a close-up so you can see all of the shine:



Visit CAS(E) this Sketch & Fusion to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
& inspiration photo and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, June 26th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

23 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Leigh this is so very pretty.... Love the patterned paper!

=] Michele

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous. Love the look of white on a kraft background.

maria f. said...

So pretty, Leigh. Love how everything is so subtle. I can't do subtle ;)

sableturquoise said...

waouuuu ! just wonderful !

cm said...

Swooning over the delicate beauty you've fashioned here...
~c

Alanna said...

This is so pretty.

NhDeSiGnS said...

Lovely

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHH WOW! I love the stamping and embossing on this card! WOWOWOWOZA! Beautiful, Leigh!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love the gold and bg paper!

Lyn said...

This card really is stunning <3

alexandra s.m. said...

Amazing Leigh!!
TFS~

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are always GORGEOUS and this is no exception, Leigh! I love how you played with the colors and elements on the inspiration photo and complemented them with the sketch! Beautiful shimmery gold embossing, and your white on Kraft is just perfect! Love this card!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this, Leigh, so subtle and elegant!

Betty said...

LOVE <3

~amy~ said...

So pretty and elegant!

Julia Aston said...

Your pretty paper is the perfect soft background for your banner and layered bloom Leigh!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love all the subtleties of this card!!! So SUBLIME!!

Thanks for joining FUSION with this lovely!!!
Hugz Kimberly!!

donna mikasa said...

So elegant, Leigh! I love the embossing on kraft--the iridescence is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Leigh, your card is so elegant! Beautiful!

Kara said...

really beautiful and subtle with pops of gold..love it!

Chrissy Larson said...

OMG! I love this card!! The kraft with the gold...amazing!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Gorgeous! Love the subtleness combined with the pops of gold! So fun playing with you all over at CAS(E)!

Kelly Griglione said...

Yay, I get to be on a DT with you, kinda, for a week ... hahaha, I'll take it!! Love how you didn't use any color here, yet it still looks so rich and luscious. Gorgeous, Leigh!!