Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cas(e) This Sketch #82


Today, I'm sharing the card that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #82 by N@ Ali:


Now, it might not look it, but this card was actually quite tricky 
& took me a while to complete!


I combined several sets for this card: PTI's City Scene for the buildings,
Simon Says Stamp Stylish Simon (the sweet dog I paper-pieced) &
Mama Elephant's Wanderlust for the sentiment.

The trickiest part wasn't the buildings (although I do find them quite challenging
to stamp right!), but it was making the speech bubble from the tiny speech bubble die from 
PTI's Bubble Talk dies. 
I ran it through my die cutting machine part way, then trimmed out the sides and ran
it through again to die cut the other end. 
(It took me at least five tries to get it right!)

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, July 3rd to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this adorable card!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute, I love those houses!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the colors, this is adorable!

A Crafty Person said...

Fun card! I had to go check the stamp set to see if it had a zip up hoodie (love that). But didn't see one, so kudos to you for getting your dog an adorable hoodie.

Alanna said...

This is so cute Leigh.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Adorable Boston Terrier stamp Leigh. He looks truly ready for his adventure!

Ranger and Tanner said...

Adorable...so glad we just ordered Simon to add to our collection.

Happy Dance said...

Well worth all the trouble, Leigh! This is just a sweet, sweet card. Great color choices too. Love this. Bev

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super duper CUTEST!!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute! Love the dog with that sentiment.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous take Leigh!

Joni Andaya said...

Super CUTE!!!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so cute--Simon's in the city! Fun take on the sketch!

TLady said...

I have been scrolling through your blog Leigh! It's been awhile since I've been here to visit! I thought it was time! Hope all is well! This card is SUPER CUTE!!! LOVE the little SSS dog! :D He ALWAYS makes me SMILE!!!!!!!!! :D