Thursday, January 14, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch #155

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #155 designed by Chrissy Larson:


I was a little stumped with this sketch, until I spied my new Sunflower Cover Plate
and decided to use it to make my card.


I diecut my coverplate from watercolour paper and coloured it in
using my Zig markers and a paint brush and water. 
 

For my sentiment, I used a Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Border die twice
to diecut my sunflower panel.
I stamped my sentiment (from a Studio Calico stamp set)
in Versamark and heat embossed it in white.
Then I adhered my sunflower panel to the dark chocolate panel.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, January 21st to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a wonderful interpretation of the sketch!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the way you colored that large sunflower. Great take on the challenge!

donna mikasa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Leigh! I didn't know it was PTI's Sunflower cover plate--such a great idea to use that!

!neke said...

Great idee !!!!
Love this !
Ineke XXX

Megan Carroll said...

This is so fun! Great take on the sketch!

Bobby said...

I can see why you'd be stumped, Leigh, but you overcame that in a big way. That sunflower is so beautiful and a great way to honor the sketch.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is definitely a WOW card, Leigh, love the bright, bold design!!!

Tammy Nyenhuis said...

Simply gorgeous! Your white embossing is such a bright white, what kind do you use?

alexandra s.m. said...

The sketch wasn't easy but you did great and your card is beautiful Leigh!

Happy Dance said...

Great take on this sketch. I'll admit, this one has me slightly intimidated, but am hoping the idea that is half formed will eventually make its way to paper. That sunflower is stunning. And I love that banner. Really cool card. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way that sunflower fills the card with prettiness!! Wonderful card Leigh!

Jen Timko said...

This flower is spectacular!! What a gorgeous take on the sketch!

Betty Wright said...

Bold and beautiful! Love your take on the sketch!

Sherrie M. said...

Great take on the challenge sketch! What a wonderful idea to use the the sunflower cover plate.