Saturday, January 23, 2016

Sparkle & Shine Challenge #22

I have a card to share that I made this morning for the Sparkle & Shine Challenge #22,
which was to be inspired by this wonderful photo: 


I love that sweet cardinal!
I immediately knew that I would use my PTI Winter Woods set to make my card,
but I hadn't quite decided how I would create my background.
and was totally inspired to create a similar background of watercolored snowflakes!

Here's my card:


I started by stamping the snowflakes from MFT's Snowflake Flurry stamp set onto 
a piece of watercolour paper in stormy sea.
Then, I pressed some stormy sea ink onto my acrylic block, added some water and with a paint brush
applied the ink to each snowflake.
The watercolour paper looked a little too creamy with my white Winter Woods cover plate,
so I added more water to the ink and did a light wash over the whole panel. 


Once this was dry, I stamped the sentiment (from Phrases and Praises) onto my
watercolour background and onto the diecut coverplate, separately.
I adhered the trees over top and added my stamped cardinal.
I matted everything on a piece of stormy seas cardstock.
A few Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets finish it off.

I'm also linking this up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Create with Critters.
A bird is a critter, right?

Thanks for looking!

21 comments:

!neke said...

Great that cardinal !
Great text to !

Have a peaceful Sunday !

Ineke XXX

Kay Miller said...

Oh it's just gorgeous Leigh!! Your background turned out so pretty!! I love how you stamped the sentiment over the trees too! Stunning card!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Leigh, the background is stunning!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. I love the stamping and that gorgeous sentiment.

Karen B. said...

Ahh water colored snowflakes...simply genius and beautiful!

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully done, Leigh! Love the colors and the layered stamped sentiment detailing. Wonderful scripture choice! I would think birds are critters! LOL!

Megan Carroll said...

Love your card, especially how you stamped your sentiment!

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Leigh, love this watercolour look for the background.

I Card Everyone said...

So very lovely, Leigh!
=]

Diane Jaquay said...

Leigh, this is absolutely STUNNING! Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkle & Shine!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Leigh! Love the beautiful scene that you created!

Lisa Elton said...

Every detail of this card is beautifully executed Leigh! This is gorgeous!!

Lindsey said...

Leigh, this is so pretty!

Karen M said...

Your card is gorgeous Leigh - love it xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous take on the wonderful inspirational photo Leigh!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Beth H. said...

Another amazing card!

Ruth said...

This is so pretty! I love the soft snowflakes with the bright cardinal!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Leigh! Such a wonderful design! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Claire Broadwater said...

Leigh, your card is gorgeous! I LOVE the sentiment and all the beautiful details! SO happy you joined us at Sparkle & Shine! XX

Tonya said...

I really love your watercolor snowflake background! Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkle & Shine.