Saturday, January 16, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge -- Girly -- Take Two

It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

(*Note: I posted my first take for this challenge yesterday (here), 
along with the Pretty Pink Posh 2 Year Celebration Blog Hop, 
but wanted to post all of the info on my blog today.)


southmoonunder.com

The LEAD of the Girly Challenge will be invited as a 
Guest Designer in a future challenge!
Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge Blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

I love all of the sweet elements in this photo and decided to zero in on
the border along the side, the bird tuque and the colours to make my card.





I started by using a piece of Papertrey Ink patterned paper as my cardstock.
I then stamped my flowers and leaves (from Wplus9's Fresh Cut Florals).
I found this chipboard bird in the my stash when I was purging,
so I stamped my sentiment both on my background and on the bird,
using SSS's Big Scripty Sentiments.


Because I was worried about the ink smearing on the chipboard bird,
I heat embossed my Versafine onyx black ink in clear.
  
Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!
Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE this, Leigh!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!

Kay Miller said...

Leigh this is just beautiful in every way! I love the little cluster!!

Oberlinmom said...

Your cards are great. This blog hope has been great. I love finding so many new places for inspiration and your designs are fun and lovely.

Karen B. said...

I thoughts the florals were chipboard too! Amazing stamping~

Bobby said...

I need to get out that WPlus9 set again. The flowers you made with it are wonderful, Leigh, and stamping across the bird is a unique idea.

Sherrie M. said...

That Curtain Call inspiration photo is quite a challenge . You nailed it with this card. Colors and design are wonderful.

Zarah said...

Wow... I could hardly believe those are STAMPED! Need to get those stamps, for sure. :) Your card is stuuuunning!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card, love the colors!!

Cindy Beach said...

i LOVE your elements, Leigh, and how you chose what to use from the inspiration. Your card is a show stopper! So beautiful and fresh. Love the colors!

Audrey Pettit said...

So sweet! LOVE the bird and love the colors! And I adore how you stamped over the bird image! That is just pure fun!

maria f. said...

That red bird jumped right out of the gallery at me ;) Lovely design.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful! I love your sweet cluster of flowers!

Celeste Goff said...

What a stunning card Leigh!!!