Monday, May 16, 2016

Butterfly Reflections Ink May Mood Board

Today, I have a card to share that I made for Sage's voice teacher.
Sage started taking voice lessons with Mrs. Thorleifson in the fall
and has just loved them and her.
She was quite upset to learn that Mrs. Thorleifson accepted a full time
teaching position for the fall and was, regretfully, not going to teach voice anymore.
We got her a little gift to thank her for the past year and I made a card
to go with it.


I loved how bright and cheery the board/colour combo is
and wanted to reflect that in the card I made for Mrs. Thorleifson.


I started by diecutting some Wplus9 Freehand Florals dies and stamping them
with their coordinating stamps in PTI summer sunrise, orange zest, terracotta tile,
hibiscus burst, raspberry fizz and limeade ice and Wplus9 Sweet Gelato and Ocean Drive.

I took a piece of sheet music patterned paper from my scraps and blended orange
zest ink onto it for my border.


I asked Sage what kind of sentiment she wanted: thank you or you are awesome.
She chose the latter, so I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Big Scripty Sentiments.

I'm also linking this up to this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Flowers.

Thanks for looking!




11 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

These colors are so, so pretty! I just love how your flowers pop against the background. And love how the bold sentiment pops in black. The inked music note strip is just perfect, too!

Karen B. said...

Simply awesome card! The music note edge is a fantastic touch.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love your card! Looks like you had fun too!

Lin said...

Leigh, your card is scrumptious, but you took it over the top by adding that music panel!! Adore this!

Diane Jaquay said...

Genius to color the sheet music to match your card, Leigh, I'll definitely be casing that idea ;) GORGEOUS card!!!!

Kathy said...

Love this colorful card! So glad Sage's music teacher meant so much to her...this card was a beautiful note of thanks.

Greta said...

I know she'll treasure this beautiful card! The sheet music strip is the perfect element!

alexandra s.m. said...

Simply gorgeous!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Leigh! It's so elegant and the stamps you've used are so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Megan Carroll said...

Love the bright colors! I hope you find another fabulous teacher!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful!