Monday, May 02, 2016

Essentials by Ellen APRIL Pin-Sights Challenge

Today, I'm playing along with the 


I just love the pretty colours and images here!
I decided to use my Ellen Hutson Mondo Hydrangea stamp set to create two cards.

  
For my first card, I started by stamping my hydrangeas in versamark and heat embossed them in white.
Then, I stamped the leaves and brushed off the extra embossing powder before heating it.
I stamped the sentiment in Wplus9 Ocean Drive.


Then, I used my Zig Markers, a paintbrush and some water to colour in my flowers.

For my second card, I used the same stamps, but this time I stamped the Hydrangeas in 
a coloured dye ink first, and then, using my MISTI, stamped them again in Versamark
and heat embossed them in clear.


I used the same technique to colour in my hydrangeas, with my Zig markers,
water and a paintbrush.
(I actually stamped this card and then brought it along to my Sunday School 
yesterday where we did "card club" and made mother's day cards.
I brought my Zigs and taught them how to watercolour with them. :)  )


I stamped my sentiment (Wplus9 -- I think it's retired though) in versafine and embossed it in clear.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Betty said...

both cards are so pretty Leigh = love how you used the stamp around the edge - great design and lovely colors

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Leigh. Love the heat embossed images with the water coloring. The pink looks amazing.

Karen B. said...

So beautiful! Love the large patches of xolors.

maria f. said...

Very eyecatching entries in the gallery, Leigh. That is one amazing stamp!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are both lovely, Leigh! I need to try stamping with a color and then embossing in clear over it, I love how that looks!

Beth H. said...

So pretty! I need to get me some Essentials by Ellen:)