Thursday, May 26, 2016

CardMaker Magazine Blog Hop

Today, members of the Reverse Confetti DT and I are playing along with
CardMaker Magazine Blog Hop!
If you're following along with the hop, you probably arrived here
from Linda Beeson's blog.

I decided to use CAS(E) This Sketch #174 designed by Chrissy Larson 
to make my card:


As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew that it was a perfect sketch to use 
Reverse Confetti's You Are a Star to make a card for Austin,
celebrating his success in his school play.


I started by using my Zig Markers to watercolour my background.
Then, I spritzed it with a bit of white ink mixed with water.


I stamped the You Are a Star stamps onto their You Are a Star Confetti Cuts,
which I diecut from watercolour paper -- the same as my background
Then, I added a few wooden stars as well.


 

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, June 2nd to link up your card.

Your next stop on the CardMaker Magazine Blog Hop is Dawn Lusk's blog.
If you get lost, or would like to start at the beginning of the hop,
you can find the complete list of the blog hop on the CardMaker Magazine Blog.

(Oh, and for prize information, check out the Reverse Confetti blog!)

Thanks for looking!

37 comments:

~amy~ said...

Perfect! Block the watercoloring!

Brooke said...

Very pretty! Thanks for being a part of the hop!

Karen B. said...

This stamp and die was perfect for the sketch. A fun card!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Great colors with a simple design! I just love the sketch! Just lovely. Thanks for hopping along with us! ~Kim K. at My Kraft Kloset

Lisa said...

Love this! So pretty!

Carisa said...

what a fun card - I love the watercolor!

Diane Jaquay said...

So pretty, Leigh!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Fabulous! Love the bright blue watercolored background---really makes the stars POP!!! And that star with the sentiment inside it is awesome!

Ericka Strange said...

Great card love the star stamp and the blue watercolor is perfect

cghundley said...

Great coloring
and design!
Carla from Utah

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty background for the sky, and I love the stars! Great card!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun design, this is cute Leigh!

Amy Sheffer said...

So pretty, Leigh! Love watercolored sky!

Anonymous said...

Everything about this card is just perfect!

I Card Everyone said...

It is most certainly a star-studded card, Leigh!! LOve your take on the sketch!
=]

Lisa Silver said...

I just love this starry sky! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love how you did the WC!!! Perfect!

Teresa Doyle said...

This is a great card Leigh. TFS!

Nora Noll said...

This is fabulous!! I LOVE the way you created that background with the starts!! Fabulous take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

Love your whimsical take on the sketch! Reminds of "Le Petit Prince"--one of my favorite books!

Diana K said...

Love this! So perfect for Austin's achievement!

alexandra s.m. said...

What a great take!
Love its whimsical feel. perfect for the challenge!
Thank you Leigh~

Michele K. Henderson said...

his card is darling! I love the stars!
Take care!
Michele

Mary Holshouser said...

Clean and simple and very pretty.
the colors pop.
thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

This card has a dreamy quality, love the blue watery sky with those golden stars.

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

CUTE card - I love stars!

Pam Young said...

Love your card!' Great take on the sketch!!

FeM said...

Awesome card. Nice and simple.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh how pretty! I love these stars!

Jean Bullock said...

Love the star against the watercolor. Great idea.

Linda said...

Wonderful take on the sketch. The watercolor background sets off the stars perfectly.

Dawn said...

How cute and perfect for the sketch!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such an absolutely perfect guy card, and such a great take on that sketch, Leigh! Beautiful color, and love your mix of stars. Adding in the little woodies was a great touch.

Mom and wife. said...

Very lovely card. Thanks for sharing.

Helen Gullett said...

Super awesome CAS and sketch! Love it!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow!!! Such a lovely card!!! Absolutely cute!!!

creative lady said...

Lovely card!