Thursday, May 05, 2016

Countdown to Confetti: Lift Me Up

Hey, 'Fetti Fans, welcome to Day 1 of the May Release for Reverse Confetti


This is an extra special release, because we're celebrating Reverse Confetti's 3rd birthday!
And we have such a fabulous anniversary release, with four new stamp sets and eight new Confetti Cuts!
Lots of sweet goodness coming this month!

Today, we are introducing a super cute set called Lift Me Up
 that comes with coordinating Confetti Cuts.



Here's my card, using the adorable Lift Me Up stamp set!


I started by creating a tag from a piece of white cardstock.
On it, I stamped the giraffe and bird from Lift Me Up
as well as the "wishes" sentiment from Celebrations.
To make the card topper, I diecut one of the three fun new topper dies called
that are also being released this month and a Quick Card Panel (also being released this month)
and adhered it to the top of my tag along with some Solid Strawberry Twine.


I coloured in my giraffe, bird and grass with some ink pressed onto my acrylic block,
some water and a paintbrush.
I stamped the "big" (also from Celebrations) onto my card background.
Oh, and do you like my diecut word?
You'll never guess what I diecut it from -- the packaging from a Reverse Confetti Confetti Cuts.
There's a lovely strip of teal along the bottom of Reverse Confetti's packaging,
so I diecut my Fancy Words Confetti Cuts from it.
I love how it turned out!
Then, as a finishing touch, I added some confetti that I diecut from another piece of packaging
and the new Falling Confetti Confetti Cuts that's being released this month.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, May 12th to link up your card.

For my next card, I decided to use the Lift Me Up Confetti Cuts along with the stamp set.


I started by diecutting my Lift Me Up Confetti Cuts from watercolour paper and
stamping them in versamark and heat embossing them in white.
Then, I used my Zig markers, some water and a paintbrush to colour them ink.
I'm really pleased with how they turned out!


For my background, I created a stencil by diecutting the new Cover Panel: Big Stripes
from a thin piece of white cardstock.
I layered this over a piece of watercolour paper and used a blending tool to apply ink to my panel.
I finished it off by stamping my sentiment (from Celebrations) in dark chocolate ink.


  

 

 




 That's it for today!
There will be three $30 gift certificates up for grabs, so you make sure you leave a comment 
on each sneak peek post for each designer to increase your chances of winning!
Comments will close at noon CST on Thursday, May 7th and the winner will be 
announced later that day at 5pm CST.

Want two more chances to win? 
Head on over to Reverse Confetti's Facebook page and 
look for the graphic posted there.

Thanks for looking!

73 comments:

Maria said...

Oh, wow! Super sweet cards with the giraffes!!! Happy 3rd Birthday, RC!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Super cute cards, Leigh!!!

~amy~ said...

Both of your cards are super cute Leigh!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, these are such adorable cards, Leigh! I just love this new set, and you used it to perfection! Love the clever stencil you created for the stripes, and love the soft watercoloring. And your sweet tag and multi-colored sentiment die cut are just the happiest things!

Andrea Shell said...

Your cards are over-the-top cute! What a great idea to diecut packaging! Kind of makes me go "Duh."

Ashwini Rao said...

Beautiful cards, Leigh!! I love the clean look in the first one...and the tag too! The pink background looks awesome!! The giraffes are too adorable!!

Christy Bray said...

Love the very different look on these cards! Great inspiration!!! Now I'm off to create something myself!

New Creations said...

Super duper cute, such fun, love this new release!

FeM said...

So cute. I like your coloring.

Karen B. said...

Oh oh oh these are super sweet! Love the new products too!

Unknown said...

Love the stenciled card! So cute, Leigh!

Kim Faucher said...

Very cute!!! I love how you did the watercolor designs!

Jennifer said...

So cute! Loving this release so far!

Michelle said...

Two beautiful cards...... oh, how I love your happy colors and lovely detail!

Diane Jaquay said...

Both of these are very cute, Leigh, I especially love the tag card!!!

Marcia said...

Cute card and tag!! Love that tag topper!!

Jeanne said...

Adorable cards!

Anne said...

GENIUS! i love that you cut the "birthday" from the packaging. The sweet colors you used in the first card make it my favorite. :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your cards Leigh!
That collection looked adorable as is but you have convinced me that it is absolutely adorable!

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Love all the ideas the DT is giving for this fun release.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love how you topped the tag.
the layered coloring on Birthday
and the falling dots is wonderful.
The second card is so soft and pastel.
thanks for sharing two great cards.

Linda T said...

What lovely cards and lovely designs. I just love the background and like how you stenciled it. The tag card is so, so sweet. Thank you Love your ideas.

Linda T. said...

I love the color choices of your cards - so fresh and springlike.

conil said...

Great clean style on your adorable cards. Like the way you made the two-toned sentiment on the first one, too.

Debbie Rumpza said...

Adorable! I love your cards! The pink is so cheery.

Susie Sonnier said...

This card makes me SMILE! Congrats Reverse Confetti!

Miriam Prantner said...

Those giraffes are CUTE! I love the two toned sentiment on the first card!

L. Webb said...

Those little giraffe's are so adorable, especially in pink!

Michele K. Henderson said...

These cards are really sweet, Leigh! I love the pretty color, and especially that white on white tag idea! Fun!
Take care!
Michele

Melissa said...

Your die cut sentiment rocks!

Linda said...

Love your designs and your showcase of all the new items. Both cards are just adorable.

Cindy said...

Adorable cards!

Gailanne said...

What an ingenious die-cut on your first card. Clever girl. I'd never have thought of doing that, but now will be looking for good candidates for that technique!

Judie said...

Adorable cards!!

Connie said...

WOW! Oh so cute!!!

donna mikasa said...

Love your festive card, Leigh! The giraffe is so adorable!

Patti said...

Leigh! these are the sweetest cards ever! I love how you did a two-tone on birthday in your first card! : ) Really precious .

Patti

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This set just screams cuteness!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That giraffe is TO CUTE!

Rosemary said...

super sweet set of cards!!

Elena said...

Both of the cards are so cute!

Pam Young said...

Love your cards!! I have to get the tag toppers!! I love the cover plate so much too.!! Happy Birthday RC!!

MJ Farney said...

nice job

ktfabian said...

Two super adorable cards!

Kathy said...

Your Watercolors are fantastic.....love the adorable giraffes. Then you give a hint about the Falling Confetti and the Celebrations stamps. We'll stay tuned for tomorrow's projects!

Lisa Elton said...

These are both just as cute as can be Joyce!!

McStamper said...

Darling cards. Love the look of the tag topper.

Deepa M. said...

Darling cards. Love how you used the striped panel as a stencil - great idea!

Renee M said...

Such cute cards! I really like the pink strips in the background of the second card.

Iris Esther López said...

Great cards. Love the watercoloring. Those giraffes are adorable.

BeverlyBL said...

So many things to like about each card, that I can't even list them all. (But here are a couple.) Love the Quick Panel tag topper banners and your "dipped" birthday sentiment. Really cute.

liz said...

Love rc fancy word fonts. Fabulous

liz said...

Such cute giraffes!

Sue D said...

Very cute card designs. My fave is the one with the tag.

cindybearj said...

I love both your cards. Those giraffes and birdies are just so adorable! I also love the tag toppers.

Unknown said...

Love how you used the stripe panel background as a stencil!

Tracey McNeely said...

You used so many new products here Leigh, super cute!

Beth Ann said...

Your ideas are super! Loved what you did with the tag topper, cutting the top from one of the collection this month! These giraffe's are just dreamy!!!

HKXoXo said...

I love both cards, the colors are soo bright, fun and summary... Such happy cards

Unknown said...

Cute Layouts!

Betty Sue said...

These cards are so sweet!! Love!

Helen F. said...

Two absolutely precious cards, Leigh! LUV them both

Asheldon said...

Love the use of a tag on the card!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful and creative cards...really liked the great recycled packaging for the diecut.

Denise Bryant said...

Darling cards! Love the sweet giraffes! Great coloring and details on your cards!
I am in trouble... I want it all!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Great sneak peek! I love the Giraffes and the cards!!!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

Awesome cards!!!! Love the 2-tone of the sentiment in the first card - it really pops! LOVE the white embossing along with watercoloring of images in your second card - so soft and stunning! I must try that technique!

Janelle said...

Both cards are super cute! Love that sketch layout!

Janeen said...

such a cute tag card

Tracy said...

Fun Cards!

Emily Lauritzen said...

These cards are adorable!!! I love your super sweet giraffes! And that tag is fantastic! Love the topper shape on it!
<3 Emily L.

Jen Mitchell said...

Super sweet cards!

Claire Grantham said...

Ooh I love the cards, the Giraffe is awesome..might need him in my life. Cx