Friday, May 06, 2016

Countdown to Confetti: Candles 'n Confetti and Celebrations

Hey, 'Fetti Fans, welcome to Day 2 of the May Release for Reverse Confetti


This is an extra special release, because we're celebrating Reverse Confetti's 3rd birthday!
And we have such a fabulous anniversary release, with four new stamp sets and eight new Confetti Cuts!
Lots of sweet goodness coming this month!

Today, we are introducing two fun sets perfect for celebrations: 
 Celebrations & Candles 'n Confetti which comes with coordinating Confetti Cuts.
  
For my first card, I used a new Quick Card Panel: Party Time as my background.


I diecut my cake and plate using the Candles 'n Confetti Confetti Cuts and stamped them
with their coordinating stamps.
I coloured in the plate with some ink pressed onto my acrylic block, some water and a paintbrush.


I stamped my sentiment (from Celebrations) on my panel and added
a banner along the bottom, which I diecut from some teal cardstock using the new
Linked Garland Confetti Cuts.

For my second card, I decided to create a wedding cake.


I stamped the plate and larger cake on their coordinating Confetti Cuts.
To make the top tier, I partially inked up one side of the large cake stamp, stamped it on my
cardstock, then wiped it clean and did the same thing on the other side, lining them up.
I fussy cut it out by hand.
I blended ink onto the cake banner diecuts and then stamped them with the coordinating stamps.

For my background, I created a stencil by diecutting the new Detailed Circles Confetti Cuts from a post it note.
I layered this over my background and used a blending tool to apply ink to the circle.
I love how the stitched lines also got diecut from the post-it note and became part of the stencil
-- it's such a fun detail!


The little birds topping the cake are from Life Me Up,
which I stamped onto coordinating die cuts and coloured in with my Zig markers.
I trimmed out the one bow to make a bowtie for the groom. ;)

I stamped the sentiment using Celebrations.


  

 

  



 That's it for today!
There will be three $30 gift certificates up for grabs, so you make sure you leave a comment 
on each sneak peek post for each designer to increase your chances of winning!
Comments will close at noon CST on Thursday, May 7th and the winner will be 
announced later that day at 5pm CST.

Want two more chances to win? 
Head on over to Reverse Confetti's Facebook page and 
look for the graphic posted there.

Thanks for looking!

49 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Lovely versions of the cake for both the cards! They look absolutely sweet!

New Creations said...

Love the first one most, cute creations!

McStamper said...

Your cards are so pretty. Love this release.

Pam Young said...

Great cards with great products!! You always delight with your cards!! Love the new stamps and dies so much!!

Lisa H. said...

what fun and cute cards! Love your cakes and my favorite part is the birdies on top! great detail!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love the different cakes you created on these, Leigh! So sweet!

liz said...

What a clever use of the stamp set. Love this set

~amy~ said...

both of them are wonderful but you got a big: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww on the 2nd one.

Linda said...

These are just adorable. Love how you incorporated the little birds from the Lift Me Up set. Great cards!

Karen B. said...

I wish for a birthday cake like either of these! So special!

Andrea Shell said...

Beautiful cards! Those birds are so cute on that stacked cake.

Kathy said...

Ahhhhh, these two cards are adorable! Always love the colors you choose for cards.

MJ Farney said...

love the confetti background panel

Aunt Denise said...

Just love the little birds with lavender! I can see these sets are going to be a big hit! Thanks for the design inspiration!

Betty Sue said...

I love how simple both cards are yet so pretty!!

FeM said...

Awesome cards. Creative way to make the wedding cake.

Mary Holshouser said...

I had to smile at the birdies at the top of the cake.
Great cards.
thanks for sharing.

jan metcalf said...

Really like the color combo on the first card, it is very RC!

Melissa said...

love the clean & simple style!

Jeanne said...

Lovely cards!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

SUCH wonderful cakes! Love them both! The little wedding birdies with their bows make me smile so big!

Shirley A. said...

Super cute cards!

Connie M said...

Love all the new designs and stamps. Such cute new sayings. Wow Wow

Diane Jaquay said...

Leigh!!! Brilliant idea to make a 2 layer cake, you are so clever!! Both of your cards are very pretty :)

Sue D said...

Love the different ways you decorated these cakes.

Jennifer said...

Love your card, great stamp set!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

WOW! Love the new releases and all the great card samples and ideas. And I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE and appreciate stamps with matching die cuts. As a card maker that is a HUGE thank you. Happy Birthday! ~Kim Klinkovsky at My Kraft Kloset

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love these Leigh! Two very different cards for two very different days and each one is stunning! Beautiful!
Take Care!
Michele

Miriam Prantner said...

Great festive card! Love those new confetti cuts!

Deepa M. said...

Love how you made a double-layer cake out of the same stamp. Great cards!

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of cards!!

conil said...

Love all the white space on both cards. Those little cake decorations look fantastic.

Cindy said...

Adorable cards Leigh! Thanks.

Helen F. said...

Both are fabulous, Leigh. Love the Wedding card and the Bride 'n Groom birdies ;-)

Asheldon said...

Such a creative way to create a smaller cake layer!

jeanchaneyaz said...

I especially love how you doubled up the cake to make it a wedding cake. Clever!

ShelleyJo said...

Great projects.

Connie said...

GREAT cards! Love this cake set!

cindybearj said...

Great cards but the 2nd one is so darn cute. I love the soft colors!

Denise Bryant said...

Fabulous cards! Love the very fun cake set... so many possibilities! Awesome garland too!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow!!! Absolutely fabulous cards!!!!! Love, love, love!!!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

Pretty cards - I love the little birdies on top of the cake - how cute!

Unknown said...

Love those quick panel cards! They make card designs so easy!

Janelle said...

Love the bow detail on the cake! Super cute!

Michelle said...

Oh my..... that little cake has won me over! Two beautiful projects!

Janeen said...

squeal. i like the little birds on the wedding cake.

Tracy said...

Great cards, love the birds on the wedding card!

Lynn Put said...

These are fantastic cards! I love the color and layout on both and your sweet little birds on your second card.

Lisa Elton said...

A fabulous pair Leigh, beautifully done!!