Monday, June 06, 2011

A couple of challenges...

... to share with you today...

The first one is for the My Scrap Shoppe June DT challenge: alter your alphas.

When I was making this layout, I'd added my photo, patterned paper and embellishments. When I went looking for alphas to add, I liked these My Mind's Eye ones, but they're were too pale to go with my layout. Thankfully, I was scrapping with friends! Mandy suggested I ink them up to change the colour. I wasn't sure how well it would work with the letters being velvet, but I tried anyway (with a "?" I think!) I pressed each letter into my SU! Melon Mambo ink pad and was thrilled with the results!

Here's my layout:


I used My Mind's Eye, Crate and Scenic Route (another perk with scrapping with friends-- this piece was from Mandy's scraps!) patterned paper, MME chipboard letters, Papertrey Ink Button Boutique stamps and die, PTI Beautiful Blooms II dies and PTI buttons.

The second challenge that I want to share is Scrapping Everyday Miracle's first challenge: Little Things Challenge.

The challenge is to a layout showing what God is doing in your life, focusing on the little things....those everyday miracles!

What is an everyday miracle? An everyday miracle is something maybe you would have overlooked... something maybe we haven't looked at that way before... or something simple that reminds of us of how great our God is... It is that hug from God that says I'm here.... It is seeing God in the simple things-- everyday He has miracles all around us we just need to take the time to look.

Don't forget the Scrap Twist: use computer journaling and paint/mist.

Everyone that completes a layout for this challenge will be entered to win a
$15 Gift Certificate to Crafty Girl Crafts, our Challenge #1 sponsor.



When I was asked to join the Scrapping Everyday Miracle DT, the first two challenges were set without sponsors. So, I created my layout for the first challenge, focusing on the arrival of spring and how it reminds me that God always keeps His promises:




Then came the news that we got sponsors. However, because I live in Canada, I didn't receive my sponsored product until late last week (this isn't a punishment for where I live, it's just that things sent here from our neighbours in the US take a while to get here). I thought the feltie bird was adorable, but didn't see how I could include it on the layout I'd already made. So, I decided to make a card with it, instead.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock, Woodgrain Impression plate and stamp sets: Turning a New Leaf, Signature Series: Cupcake & Wonderful Words and of course, the Crafty Girl Crafts feltie.

Please link your layout to the Challenge #1 post at Scrapping Everyday Miracle by June 30th.... and you could win a prize from our lovely sponsor Crafty Girl.... remember to stop by and check out all their fun products.

Not only can you win a $15 gift certificate from Crafty Girl Crafts but from all of the layouts submitted for June's Challenges the DT will pick their top 3 layouts.... and if you are our top favourite you will win a spot as our Guest Designer for August.


Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

What wonderful layouts. Happy sigh. But your card captured my heart. Lucky you cant see the silly smile on my face. That bird is so darling Magnificent colors and crafting!

stephinka said...

How wonderful! I love the card, and the textures you have implemented, well done!!!

Kristin said...

Absolutely love both of your layouts!! And, as a scrapper first I'm going to have to look into the scrap challenges you mentioned. I've made lots of cards lately and not a lot of layouts. And, you are the first crafted who has ever made me consider getting Button Boutique (such an awesome set but really not my style). Using it on your layout was perfect!!