Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A little inspiration...

For an inspiration challenge at MSS , Marcy posted this:


Which, I must admit left me a little stumped. Should I scrap the design, with the windows as inspiration for photos/patterned paper in a grid? The colour scheme? Or maybe use my Crate Paper "books" patterned paper?

After quite a bit of pondering, I decided to scrap, in a sense, the theme of the photo, "reading." But since I'd done some "I love to read" type layouts in the past, I decided to open the theme up a little to pasttimes.


I had this Fancy Pants journaling card for a while, and even though I knew it didn't apply to me at all, I had held onto it. I cut it out and layered it onto a scrap of MME patterned paper that I cut using a PTI Mat Stack #4 die.



Here's a close up of the journaling:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock, Mat Stack #4 die, black felt (that I used to cut out the letters for my title, with my Quickutz Cotton Candy alphabet dies) and Fancy Flourishes stamp. I also used The Girl's Paperie, My Mind's Eye and Fancy Pants patterned paper. The little bicycle is a Hero Arts stamp that I absolutely adore!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Lynn Put said...

This is awesome! I really like your interpretation of the inspiration photo, the black felt letters, stamped flourish and little bicycle look wonderful!

PS I can never sit still either. I'm either up doing something or busy with my hands like reading or cardmaking.