Friday, June 10, 2011

Five for Friday

1. We've been doing some painting! This week, I had a couple of days off and it was too windy for Cameron to seed at the farm, so we got the bathroom painted, as well as a first coat on our hallway. I wanted to share the colour, but couldn't find it online. For the bathroom, we used a Beauti-Tone paint from Home Hardware and the colour is called Breeze-- think a cross between PTI Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist ;)

For the hallway, we went into the basement and searched through the leftover paint down there. Cameron mixed three of them together and got a light golden off-white colour. It's nice and brightens it up quite a bit.

2. The next job is a bit bigger... we're going to tackle the exterior of the house. We picked a dark grey for the siding, the stucco & trim are going to be white (again) and the front door is going to be Benjamin Moore Raspberry Truffle:



3. I started stripping down the front screen door to get started on the exterior job (I'm leaving the soffits, etc. to Cameron!) What a big job. It got me thinking though about my life and how God works on me, layer by layer. How it take patience and care and is sometimes painful-- lots of spiritual analogies there. I want to take a photo of the front door and make a layout about it and write out my thoughts.

4. I posted my last Spring Sketch for 2011 on the MSS blog this morning. I chose a Page Maps sketch from January 2011 & I made this layout with it:


I adjusted the sketch to be 12x12, but other than than, stuck to it pretty closely. It was fun creating a blocked layout like this-- something I haven't done in a while. I used Crate Paper patterned paper, American Crafts thickers, My Mind's Eye brads and a Papertrey Ink Turning a New Leaf die.


5. Here's is my third attempt for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: adding tissue paper to your project for texture:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (Hawaiian Shores) as the border and also covered a piece of it with tissue paper and ran it through my Cuttlebug with at Mat Stacks #4 die. I used my PTI Wonderful Words die and stamp set for the sentiment and added some PTI buttons (Hawaiian Shores) with PTI twine. The yellow button is Basic Grey and the patterned paper I used is MME.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Great layout. Love the card too!

Stephanie said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colors and that you used the new word die cuts! Just beautiful!

DF said...

Beautiful! Love the word die card.

Elena said...

I was just scrolling through your blog and the "old mtl" title caught my eye - I live 10 mins from the city! Also, I had a wall in my bedroom paint "raspberry truffle" once - gorgeous color. Very daring for a front door color! And I love the analogy of God working on us layer by layer. Some layers are more stubborn than others is what I'm learning :)