Friday, June 03, 2011

Five for Friday


1. We've had lots of cool, rainy weather lately. But on Wednesday, we saw the sun! And, it was my day off, too, so I made the most of it and worked in my yard.


I'm currently downsizing my perennial beds and have been busy transplanting what I want to keep, putting down some landscaping fabric and adding woodchips. The kids and I went to the town yard Wednesday and filled eight garbage bags full of wood chips. I spread them out that evening and still need more! Hopefully, I can get this project finished for/on the weekend...
I took these pictures yesterday morning, before the clouds arrived.

2. I posted another Spring Sketch on the MSS blog today.

For this week, I chose the Crate May 2011 edition sketch and made this layout with it:



I used Crate and American Crafts patterned paper, American Crafts thickers and Basic Grey & PTI buttons and the Papertrey Ink Simple Circles stamp set.

3. We're having our monthly online crop this weekend at MSS and here are some layouts that I've made to go with challenges I'm posting...

This layout is for my challenge to create a layout with a two word title:

I used Bazzill cardstock, Crate patterned paper, Pink Paislee letter stickers, Basic Grey & PTI buttons, the Papertrey Ink Simple Circles stamp set and a My Mind's Eye brad.

4. This layout's challenge is to create a layout using complementary colours :


I used Bazzill cardstock, Echo Park & My Mind's Eye patterned paper, a MME sticker, a MME key, Creative Cafe stamps ("a" & "good"), My Favorite Things die & stamps ("I'm so Grateful for you"), Papertrey Ink felt, PTI twine and PTI Beautiful Blooms II dies. The word "brother" was made with my Quickutz Classic alphabet dies.

5. And this challenge is to be inspired by a layout you've made to make a card..

The other evening, I had lots of fun getting out my new Wonderful Words dies and stamps (I swear I was almost giddy as I cut out my first word!) I made this layout, using a favourite photo of one of my favourite people:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock, a PTI Wonderful Words die and stamp, my PTI Woodgrain impression plate, & a PTI button. The patterned paper, brads and die cut (adore) is all My Mind's Eye. I tucked the journaling behind the photo and attached it to the MME die cut to pull out and read.

After making the layout and seeing the patterned paper scraps lying there, I decided to "lift" myself and make a card:


I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper and Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words die and stamp & Woodgrain impression plate.

Happy Friday, everyone!
Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Leigh, I just love all your layouts and that card is fabulous. I still haven't placed a May PTI order and I loved seeing your use of some of the new products. Your garden photos are also lovely. I had to look and see where you live... we're WAY past tulips, bleeding hearts, and flowering trees here. It's been hot like August... the swimming pools have definitely been busy! Thanks for your visits to my blog! :)

Keva said...

Wow, those pages are beautiful. You did such a great job on them and the color choices are wonderful.

Margaret M said...

Wonderful layouts! It's inspiring me to do some pages! TFS!

Joyce said...

Wonderful layout and card. I didn't get those dies, and am rethinking my decision. Also, I wanted to compliment you on your photos. They are such beautiful candid shots. Of course, it could be that you just have beautiful children and they would look great even if I took their pictures (haha).

Melissa Brown said...

TFS! Love your pages! I saw your layout on Pinterest and couldn't wait to use your page for inspiration. I used your layout (#4) as inspiration for one of my latest LO's. It's blogged here: http://pawprintsguidingmetothepast.blogspot.com/2011/11/scrapbook-layout-grateful.html

Keeo the great pages coming :)