Five for Friday
Friday, June 03, 2011
1. We've had lots of cool, rainy weather lately. But on Wednesday, we saw the sun! And, it was my day off, too, so I made the most of it and worked in my yard.
I'm currently downsizing my perennial beds and have been busy transplanting what I want to keep, putting down some landscaping fabric and adding woodchips. The kids and I went to the town yard Wednesday and filled eight garbage bags full of wood chips. I spread them out that evening and still need more! Hopefully, I can get this project finished for/on the weekend...
I took these pictures yesterday morning, before the clouds arrived.
2. I posted another Spring Sketch on the MSS blog today.
For this week, I chose the Crate May 2011 edition sketch and made this layout with it:
I used Crate and American Crafts patterned paper, American Crafts thickers and Basic Grey & PTI buttons and the Papertrey Ink Simple Circles stamp set.
3. We're having our monthly online crop this weekend at MSS and here are some layouts that I've made to go with challenges I'm posting...
This layout is for my challenge to create a layout with a two word title:
4. This layout's challenge is to create a layout using complementary colours :
I used Bazzill cardstock, Echo Park & My Mind's Eye patterned paper, a MME sticker, a MME key, Creative Cafe stamps ("a" & "good"), My Favorite Things die & stamps ("I'm so Grateful for you"), Papertrey Ink felt, PTI twine and PTI Beautiful Blooms II dies. The word "brother" was made with my Quickutz Classic alphabet dies.
5. And this challenge is to be inspired by a layout you've made to make a card..
The other evening, I had lots of fun getting out my new Wonderful Words dies and stamps (I swear I was almost giddy as I cut out my first word!) I made this layout, using a favourite photo of one of my favourite people:
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock, a PTI Wonderful Words die and stamp, my PTI Woodgrain impression plate, & a PTI button. The patterned paper, brads and die cut (adore) is all My Mind's Eye. I tucked the journaling behind the photo and attached it to the MME die cut to pull out and read.
After making the layout and seeing the patterned paper scraps lying there, I decided to "lift" myself and make a card:
I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper and Papertrey Ink Wonderful Words die and stamp & Woodgrain impression plate.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Thanks for looking!